Ten Reasons To Be Hopeful

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Pagan
MVP

Ten Reasons To Be Hopeful
pagan press, 2:32 p.m

Here are ten reasons you should believe that this thing will improve.
Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?

Image1. Next up Green Bay: Green Bay will give up some rushing yards, with Forte having a big day the offense will be dangerous. Also, Lovie Smiths record against the Packers is very good. So good in fact this is what I found when I searched the pack site for "Packers winning % vs. Chicago Bears" ---Sorry, but your search for winning against Bears returned no results.
They even admit it- they cant win!

Image2. Thats right, after the packers it's ole' St. Louie:Imagine a team that is just as bad as the Bears pass defense- only it's every phase of the game.This team is HORRIBLE and will be an entertaining blow out. Forte may rush for 200 yards, Orton will have a big day, Hester will score a return TD...Hell everyone will have a big day- even the D Line! Which brings me to my next point...

Image3. The Pass Defense Will Improve: You heard me right. There is NO way this is going to continue for the rest of the year. The Bears will make defensive adjustments, probably give up more rushing yards, and straighten it out. Think about how good this team will be when they start clamping down on the pass; few rushing yards, under 200 passing yards and Orton & Co. scoring points. Speaking of which...

Image4. Kyle Orton Is Returning: I believe that Kyle will be returning to practice regularly on Wed. and will play against the packers for sure. Though, I would'nt put it past Lovie to make it a "game time decision" just to try to mess with the pack. Kyle Orton= "If you want to crown em' then crown his ass."

Image 5. The Return Game Will Improve: Just like it took time for the O Line to gel, so to it is with the special teams. Many ST standout have bolted over the past few years and new guys are taking time developing their roles. They'll get better and no one will be questioning if the

Image6. The Titans are the NFL's Best team: They only managed to win by 1 TD and the Bears were in the position to take it at the end. All of this with a back up QB and bad pass defense, this bodes well for the Bears and how good they can be it they shore up a few things.

Image7. The Bears are tied for first in the NFC North:Another good sign, despite the problems the Bears are still winning. The Bears have beat the Vikings once already and are a game ahead of the Packers. If the Bears continue to win more than they lose they will get to the playoffs- once there it's anyone ball game.

Image8. Many players are better than we expected: With the play of Orton, Forte, Grahm, Harrison, Payne and the entire offensive line this offense was a big question mark and now it's not. The players we expect big things from havent come through much this year, (Lance Briggs major exception) but we know these guys have the talent to play at a high level. Which means they can and most likely WILL turn it around towards the end of the year.

9. Remember the 06 Colts? (Ouch me too):
bearscolts2.jpg
The 2006 Colts were in a similar situation- very good offense, suspect defense. They turned it around towards the end of the season and played very good defense. This year the Bears can and will do the same thing.

10th Reason to be hopeful: Image
Our next President is a Bears fan. We're getting the "Obama Bump"! Last time he was a Senator- that bumped us up to GET to the game, now that he's the next elected President - Super Bears= Super Champs!

pagan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FranktheTank
Player of the Month

My new avatar.
Pagan
MVP

My new avatar.
Pretty funny HOF plaque eh?

pagan
MamaBear
Player of the Month

Well that perked me right up! Thanks!
gaba
Head Coach

Good stuff pagan.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Halas85
Assistant Coach

Fun read, Pagan. That's what we in the biz call "Reader Fodder" -- the best-read stuff in newspaper and magazine publishing. Plus, it actually made me feel a little more optimistic. Good stuff!
“Some say the 46 is just an eight-man front. That’s like saying Marilyn Monroe is just a girl.” -- Buddy Ryan
“It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy.” -- Uncle Lar
Pagan
MVP

Glad you guys liked it, makes the 2 hours I spent on it almost worth it. :stretcher: lol.
I almost had to make it 7 Reasons To Be Hopeful, had trouble finding reasons there for a bit.
Stay tuned for the next article from the pagan press.

Chad
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:
Stay tuned for the next article from the pagan press.

Chad

Got some time on your hands? :-P

Good stuff!
Pagan
MVP

DaDitka wrote:

Got some time on your hands? :-P

Good stuff!
Thanx DD, yeah- remodeling has been slow, so I'm working on fixing up the house and fixing up this site. It's weird being on this end of things- not as much time to enjoy reading all of the articles, but it feels good to have more time to contribute.

I'll try to post a pagans press every week loaded with funky pictures.

pagan
FranktheTank
Player of the Month

Pagan wrote:Pretty funny HOF plaque eh?

pagan

Oh yeah. I love it.
BTW. Good read. Keep it coming.
Sammy007
Practice Squad

Really good stuff.

Nice to see some optimism!