it's Packer week bitches

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

and maybe the sign of the times is the fans seem to get more up about this than the team

Lovie "barely has a pulse" Smith wants to maintain his calm cool demeanor, but with losses coming due to ineptitude more than opponent ability, his stone faced look perhaps is because he really is a dumbass

this game will tell me all I need to know about any future propsects for this team, and their cueball coach

NEXT GAME : Sunday November 16th, 1:00pm (EST) at Green Bay

If Matt Forte does not get at least 25 carries, and Kevin Jones another 10 – 15, then it will be known to all the Bears coaching staff should simply be clubbed over the head and left in sacks for curbside waste pickup somewhere in Milwaukee. The Packers cannot stop the run. The Bears should run until they do. If they do this, they should come home with a win, regardless of who is playing quarterback for them.

But, if they try to be cute and think they are smarter than they actually are, as they showed against Tennessee, the Bears will fall back to being a .500 team, with their playoff hopes in serious doubt.

I am hopeful the Bears coaches calling the plays, and the players executing those plays, have their collective heads somewhere other than where they were this past week.

Bears 20 Packers 13
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

If you're hopeful, then I guess I'm delusional. Against my better judgement, I'm going to agree with you. Especially is they focus on the run (as long as I don't have to hear "we get off the bus...") they've got a chance. We can't count on scoring 50 points this week though. That defense is going to have to find some way to get motivated and step up.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
UOK
Site Admin

I think this is a game of two halves. Bears come out firing in the first half, come out and get caught off guard and out-coached in the 2nd half.

Bears 27
Packers 31
IE
Hall of Famer

I'll join you in calling for 40 runs, Borris. If we don't see that, we should light up the mob torches and storm Halas Hall. :evilgrin:

I'll guess this is a high-scoring game, including multiple defensive TDs (one on each side). I'll hope that the Bears run it often & well, scoring a couple of rushing TDs ... and then using play action to set up a vertical passing game to the TEs with Orton playing again. And then I'll guess the Pack will respond by passing heavily to catch up ... and they do... but not quite enough.

Bear: 38
Pack: 35
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Beardude
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:and maybe the sign of the times is the fans seem to get more up about this than the team

Lovie "barely has a pulse" Smith wants to maintain his calm cool demeanor, but with losses coming due to ineptitude more than opponent ability, his stone faced look perhaps is because he really is a dumbass

this game will tell me all I need to know about any future propsects for this team, and their cueball coach

NEXT GAME : Sunday November 16th, 1:00pm (EST) at Green Bay

If Matt Forte does not get at least 25 carries, and Kevin Jones another 10 – 15, then it will be known to all the Bears coaching staff should simply be clubbed over the head and left in sacks for curbside waste pickup somewhere in Milwaukee. The Packers cannot stop the run. The Bears should run until they do. If they do this, they should come home with a win, regardless of who is playing quarterback for them.

But, if they try to be cute and think they are smarter than they actually are, as they showed against Tennessee, the Bears will fall back to being a .500 team, with their playoff hopes in serious doubt.

I am hopeful the Bears coaches calling the plays, and the players executing those plays, have their collective heads somewhere other than where they were this past week.

Bears 20 Packers 13
I've got to give Lovie his due. The man got hired and said BEARS would beat the packers. His word has been good and as most everyone knows BEARS are undefeated @ Lambeau with Lovie as HC. I believe the packers game is very important to Lovie. He knows the history behind this long old rivalry.
I like what you have to say about running the football. packers are 28th against the rush. So yes we must run the football. Now getting 35 -40 rushing attempts would be good. I sure won't complain if the BEARS just have 30 rushing attempts as long as the BEARS get a W !
Myself I'm always fired up for BEARS football on Sunday but I'm always fired up just a little more when it BEARS vs packers.
I like the BEARS by 23-20 over the green and mustard come Sunday !!
Beardude
Practice Squad

UrlachersOranjKleats wrote:I think this is a game of two halves. Bears come out firing in the first half, come out and get caught off guard and out-coached in the 2nd half.

Bears 27
Packers 31
Baliff !!!

wack his pee pee !!
G08
Hall of Famer

Greg Jennings + No Pass Rush = Big Trouble

Can our offense handle a shoot-out, or will our defense step and play like they think they do (dominant). Tune in.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Beardude
Practice Squad

G08 wrote:Greg Jennings + No Pass Rush = Big Trouble

Can our offense handle a shoot-out, or will our defense step and play like they think they do (dominant). Tune in.
What's you're prediction for Sunday G08. Let me hear ya !! :frustrated: :D
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I say Pack 31 - 21. We can't keep up with the shootout. For one we are running the ball effectively and killing clock. The Pack are scoring quick with the PASS. The Pack WRs are light years ahead of the Tit WRs.
G08
Hall of Famer

Beardude wrote:
What's you're prediction for Sunday G08. Let me hear ya !! :frustrated: :D
Depends on who starts at QB in my opinion.

Orton? We win 24-20 on a defensive stand to end the game.

Grossman? We lose 24-14.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Sammy007
Practice Squad

Always like to think of myself as a silver lining kinda guy, Lloyd + Orton + Reformed D = Pack Loss

Beloved 41

Fucking pure evil from the depths of hell 3

(and the queens lose as well to place us leading the division SOLO)
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

You guys are over thinking things here.

With Barnett out, Forte is going to go off. I expect his biggest game receiving to date.

They have absolutely no replacement for Barnett and just as his backups were the ones that were repeatedly victimized by Peterson and Taylor last week.

With Orton…
Bears – 34
Pack – 14

With Rex….
Bears - 21
Pack - 20