Moderator: wab

Xee
Site Admin

Bears get a little banged up
Clark leaves game with knee problem

By Vaughn McClure
November 23, 2008

ST. LOUIS

As Mike Brown left the locker room after Sunday's game, the safety showed no signs of a limp despite sitting out the second half with a lower-leg injury.

"We had the game in hand, so I just left," Brown said with a smirk.

All jokes aside, Brown's injury doesn't appear serious.

"I'm good," Brown said. "Everything's OK. Lower-leg contusion."

Brown was replaced by rookie Craig Steltz. Three weeks ago against Detroit, Brown hurt his right calf but returned the next week against Tennessee.

Brown wasn't the only banged-up Bear. Cornerback Nathan Vasher left in the fourth quarter with a right thumb injury related to the wrist surgery he had earlier this season. Tight end Desmond Clark was knocked out with a knee injury midway through the third quarter.

Vasher said he would undergo tests on Monday to determine the extent of his injury, suffered when he fell on his hand. Corey Graham replaced him in the lineup.

"It actually didn't feel as bad [as this] when I first did it against Philadelphia," Vasher said. "We don't really know the severity."

Clark said his injury was not the same as the sprained right knee he suffered in the exhibition season. This one appears less severe.

With Clark out, rookie Kellen Davis saw more extended action.
Ormazd
MVP

Doesn't sound too bad. Mikey B. has played pretty well the past couple of weeks, so we need him. Not so sure about Vasher.