Points of Interest

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Pagan
MVP

Points Of Interest
pagan press

Orton @ FB:? Did anyone see Kyle throw a block on a D-lineman to help spring Hester on his 20 yard end-around? I was impressed.

ImageMatt Forte:It was nice to see Forte running wild, hope to see more of it next Sunday night against the Vikings. Forte is now the NFL's 5 highest ranked rusher- keep up the good work rookie.

Bears Defense:
Say what you want but this defense is doing a GREAT job against the run; against the Rams they gave up 0.7 yards per carry ( a similar stat against the Titans).
It was nice to see this defense get some sacks, O-Gun 2, T- Harris 2 and A. Brown 1. Also, The Bears had an amazing amount of tackles for a loss in this last game, I think it was 16. Sure it was against a weaker opponent, but this defense is talented and might have just needed a little morale boost.
Also, I liked how Briggs deflected a pass to Urlacher for an INT and Url' did the same a short time later. This team MUST continue to get pressure on the QB to obtain the turnovers. Thats how this defense works- keep it going.

Hester Demoted?:
It looks like Devin is off of kick return duties, so long as he continue's to improve on offense I dont see a problem with it. This is the chioce the Bears made when they didnt land any serious FA WR's this last offseason. Given the fact that D. Manning seems to be a very good return man in his own right could soften the blow, but the only way this wont be listed as one of the biggest blunders in NFL player managements is for Hester to continue to improve and become a very, very good WR for the Bears.
So far so good, but he must continue to improve.
G08
Hall of Famer

Loved the run game, and the defense looked solid as well. I won't lie, I didn't think we'd dominate them like we did. It's good to see the Bears prove my skepticism wrong.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

I figured we would win, but I thought we would let them hang around until the last few minutes.
G08
Hall of Famer

Yeah... after the Green Bay game my hopes went right to the shitter. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'd like to see us be able to run the ball against the Vikings, and contain Adrian Peterson. A tall order, I know, but that's what we need to do to get some respect.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"