Introduce Yourself!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Cutty6 wrote:Hi all. Glad to join. RIP CBMB.

Welcome, kick up your feet and make yourself at home. :toast:
Texas Bear Fan
Rookie

Hello all - didn't post much at CBMB, but I lurked for 12+ years. I followed DB54 here because he does a great job giving us long distance fans a place to get the latest stories.

Thanks to y'all for providing us a new home...

Tex
dadoc
MVP

Welcome TX. Love the avatar. Please feel free to be more active as well.
RedTRex
Rookie

Punisher wrote:CBMB refugee...
Favorite smoke: CAO M2X
Favorite drink: Jameson, Ketel One, Belle's Tow Hearted Ale, Stone Double Bastard or Old Rasputin
Location: Moved to Florida's Space Coast from Buffalo Grove 8 yrs ago...already have tickets for Jags/Bears in Oct

Does anyone have the "...punch you in the stupid face..." thread from way back?
I have Jags/Bears tics too!!!!!! I am in Jacksonville
mikee wrote: Any play that is designed to not block Julius Peppers should be highly entertaining.
Bearshomer wrote:Can Tillman shut down (~ name a WR) by himself? If he can, we can take away their running game with a safety and leave them with nothing but their white TE.
ArrestedDevelopment
Rookie

bono wrote:nice looking place. Thanks for having people who are fleeing the CBMB
Yes, I agree! I'm also from CBMB. I'm glad I've found another place to go.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

So far love this site. Very good, spirited discussion with no ill will. Thanks for the new home.
IE
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Very good, spirited discussion with no ill will.
That is something that we (the 20 or so former members of another site) have worked very hard to develop... no ill will, and mutual respect. And that has been by design - because we all left one place where mutual respect did not exist. IF you see people here giving each other a hard time, it is always with respect, and most of the time in jest.

If I have any concern about the huge new influx... it is the understanding of that. It isn't natural (or common on message boards) - but it is important. We're here to talk Bears football, and everybody's 2 cents is respected. Some people know more about the X's and O's. Some have a better understanding of history. Or strategy. Or human nature. But nobody is wrong for having an opinion.

And how many times have we seen someone on a message board say something that "everyone" seems to think is crazy... only to see it (or something crazier) happen later, after theyve been flamed to death. This site will continue to be awesome if we continue to welcome new & unique points of view.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:So far love this site. Very good, spirited discussion with no ill will. Thanks for the new home.
Glad to hear it, Whiskey! It's been a blast, the CBMB infusion has so far brought nothing but smiles to the forum, although now there's beer cans all over the place.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Glad to hear it, Whiskey! It's been a blast, the CBMB infusion has so far brought nothing but smiles to the forum, although now there's beer cans all over the place.

Nice! Now you just need a couple of whiskey bottles to go along with it. Maybe a Woodford Reserve and an Eagle Rare. At that point, we'll be in business! Oh and maybe a cigar or two.
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

Texas Bear Fan wrote:Hello all - didn't post much at CBMB, but I lurked for 12+ years. I followed DB54 here because he does a great job giving us long distance fans a place to get the latest stories.

Thanks to y'all for providing us a new home...

Tex

Hey I love your Avatar.
DaYdAy69
Rookie

New to the site, came from the CBMB. I like the structure and organization. Hopefully this board, among others will help fill the void.

With all of that being said... I am excited for this season. Marshall and Alshon for Cutler... I bet he is grinning from ear to ear. This offense will be tested this week. Let's see what we have in our OL.
Cutler's first throw in a playoff game was a TD...Destined for GREATNESS!
G08
Hall of Famer

Let's just hope Cutler doesn't get knocked into next Sunday again by this Giants D-Line
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Randomtask504
Rookie

I was mostly a lurker at CBMB under the name Rndm...During the preseaon I started posting a bit more but of course as soon as I do that the board shuts down. So I intend to be a more active poster over here from the get go.
UOK
Site Admin

Randomtask504 wrote:I was mostly a lurker at CBMB under the name Rndm...During the preseaon I started posting a bit more but of course as soon as I do that the board shuts down. So I intend to be a more active poster over here from the get go.
Excellent. I love your avatar, also.
Randomtask504
Rookie

Thanks man, it combines three of my favorite things...cats, lasers, and cutlers.
SgtPerry
Journeyman

Hi,

I am another migrant fan from CBMB. I have been a Bears fan since 1985 when I started to follow football and the NFL from abroad.

The night before Cutler's trade, I dreamt of this

Bear down!
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

So many new people, I actually have to read names instead of glancing at avatars!
UOK
Site Admin

Welcome to the site, SgtPerry!
wab
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Now you just need a couple of whiskey bottles to go along with it. Maybe a Woodford Reserve and an Eagle Rare. At that point, we'll be in business! Oh and maybe a cigar or two.
Crunchtime
Rookie

Crunchtime

I just came over from CBMB, I was pretty bummed when I found out the news that they were basically shutting down. Doesn't make any sense to me, but looks like you guys are legit over here.

Favorite Food - Italian Beef
Favorite Band - Red Hot Chili Peppers

I am from the north suburbs of Chicago
I am a PE teacher in the city.

I can't wait for the season to start, if we stay healthy it could be a crazy ride we will never forget. So lets do it together, BEAR DOWN!
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

Hiphopopotamos:

Capricorn

Size 17 shoe.

Former 3rd string JV Left Tackle

Former Chicago resident

Currently living it up in Houston. Got my grill from Paul Wall and spinning wax at Kung Fu Saloon.

Favorite Food: Frontera's Ceviche, or the Green Curry Rice from Jess' Cafe, French Fries from Benyihuda

Favorite Band: Mr Johnny Cash, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphy's

Favorite Quote:
I laid all them busters down
I let my gat explode
now I'm switching my mind back into freak mode
Favorite Fabric: Paisley

First Vehicle: 68' Chevy C-10 3-speed

Favorite author: (tie) Juan Gabriel Marquez & George RR Martin

My left arm is slightly longer than my right
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
Funkster
MVP

Just signed up, was on the CBMB! I don't post much but I have been a bears fan for 25 years. I have flown the blue and orange in the Seattle area since I was a boy. I love me some bears and I love me some defense!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Hi...my name is Mike...and I'm a Bear-a-holic.

I was born and raised in Oregon and moved to Chicago about 15 years ago.

I am 42, live in Berwyn, I am married, with a two year old son.

I love whiskey. I love all sorts of whiskey. I like Speyside single malts, I like aged Kentucky bourbons, I like Japanese whiskey, I like it all. No mixers, no ice, no twists of any kind. Straight up in a rocks glass for me. Throw in a nice Rocky Patel and some Poker and I am a HAPPY man ;) .

Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Tool or Godsmack
Favorite whiskey: Glenfiddich 15 year Solera or Woodford Reserve (depending on my mood)
Favorite Jazz musician - Esperanza Spalding

I am a Bears nut. Baseball used to be my favorite sport until I moved to Chicago and I got a taste of being a Bear fan. It's a drug for me. I live for Bears season.
Minnesotabear
Rookie

Live in SW Minnesota, pretty much the only Bears fan in town. My kids wear Bears jersey's to school every season amid all the purple viking fans. I too am leaving CBMB following the DB54 newstrail to this site for my morning news and cup of coffee!
dadoc
MVP

Welcome all and Whiskey it's nice to see someone who drinks more than me and DaDitka, just because we didn't think it was possible.
Shrevis
Rookie

New to the board and have very little exerience with them so be kind. If someone would be so kind to tell me how to put up a picture I surely would..
wab
Mod

Go to full editor, cut and paste the location of the pic, highlight it, and select the IMG option from the toolbar, then post. Hope that helped...
TheBenSupremacy
Rookie

Name: Ben
Bears fan since: 2004
Fave food: Buffalo Wings
Fave drink: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Misc: Army Private, Avid Bears fan of course.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Minnesotabear wrote:Live in SW Minnesota, pretty much the only Bears fan in town. My kids wear Bears jersey's to school every season amid all the purple viking fans. I too am leaving CBMB following the DB54 newstrail to this site for my morning news and cup of coffee!
Where about in SW Minnesota, if you don't mind me asking? I have family in SW Minnesota. Visit often.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
navy&orange
Practice Squad

Started watching the Bears in 1958

Been on the CBMB since it's inception

Top notch carpenter and in better shape than most 30 year olds

Been a paid walleye guide

I don't take any crap from kids or punks

Blackhawks and Hockey are just as good as the NFL