Introduce Yourself!

The latest Bears news and talk

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
Lil Mitch
Rookie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Hello. Super bears super board! Liking the looks of the place! Have been enjoying the off-season free agency news developments and couldn't become more excited for what is more to come!
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20970
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Welcome aboard!
Image

"None of us are in the board room, locker room, or on the sideline, so in a way, we don't know shit."
- Otis Day


Read UOK's Summary of the Average Angry Bears Fan
chittybengbeng
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:55 am

Is there a way to change the forum on your phone so the display isn't dark blue with white letters?
chittybengbeng
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 am

Like, a different "skin?"
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20970
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:08 am

chittybengbeng wrote:Is there a way to change the forum on your phone so the display isn't dark blue with white letters?
chittybengbeng wrote:Like, a different "skin?"

You're looking for what's called a "theme!" That can be changed by doing the following:

Image

1. Click "control panel" below the site banner

Image

2. Select "Board Preferences" under the Options section of your control panel

Image

"My board style" lets you switch between the "Home" theme (dark) and "Away" (light).
Image

"None of us are in the board room, locker room, or on the sideline, so in a way, we don't know shit."
- Otis Day


Read UOK's Summary of the Average Angry Bears Fan
chittybengbeng
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:23 am

UOK wrote:
chittybengbeng wrote:Is there a way to change the forum on your phone so the display isn't dark blue with white letters?
chittybengbeng wrote:Like, a different "skin?"

You're looking for what's called a "theme!" That can be changed by doing the following:

Image

1. Click "control panel" below the site banner

Image

2. Select "Board Preferences" under the Options section of your control panel

Image

"My board style" lets you switch between the "Home" theme (dark) and "Away" (light).
Super!

Thanks.
chittybengbeng
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 am

UOK wrote:
chittybengbeng wrote:Is there a way to change the forum on your phone so the display isn't dark blue with white letters?
chittybengbeng wrote:Like, a different "skin?"

You're looking for what's called a "theme!" That can be changed by doing the following:

Image

1. Click "control panel" below the site banner

Image

2. Select "Board Preferences" under the Options section of your control panel

Image

"My board style" lets you switch between the "Home" theme (dark) and "Away" (light).

Am I gonna need to be changing this every time I sign in or does it save in my settings profile?
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20970
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

chittybengbeng wrote: Am I gonna need to be changing this every time I sign in or does it save in my settings profile?
Nope, as long as you hit "submit" after changing to "Away" in your preferences.
Image

"None of us are in the board room, locker room, or on the sideline, so in a way, we don't know shit."
- Otis Day


Read UOK's Summary of the Average Angry Bears Fan
chittybengbeng
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:50 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:40 am

UOK wrote:
chittybengbeng wrote: Am I gonna need to be changing this every time I sign in or does it save in my settings profile?
Nope, as long as you hit "submit" after changing to "Away" in your preferences.
Thanks
User avatar
Z Bear
Player of the Month
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am

Name: Zok (last name, but no one calls me Chris)
From: Wash DC, fuck the Redskins! Live in St Johns, Florida which is right in between downtown Jacksonville and St Augustine
Bears fan since: early 80's
Fave food: Steak
Fave drink: Tito's and tonic
Misc: Been lurking here for years and finally will join the debate. If it is not football season I am typically out in the Atlantic on my boat fishing!
Image
User avatar
Sugashane
Journeyman
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am

Jumping in on this board.

Name - Shane
Occupation - Carpenter - doing MBA in Healthcare Management
Was in the Air Force and medically discharged after another ACL tear
Hobbies - coaching football, basketball, and baseball/softball for my kids, being a mediocre guitar player, lifting and cooking.
Favorite food - Steak or sushi
Favorite drink - Old fashioned or a mint julep (when its hot as balls outside)
Image
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15458
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Sugashane wrote:Jumping in on this board.

Name - Shane
Occupation - Carpenter - doing MBA in Healthcare Management
Was in the Air Force and medically discharged after another ACL tear
Hobbies - coaching football, basketball, and baseball/softball for my kids, being a mediocre guitar player, lifting and cooking.
Favorite food - Steak or sushi
Favorite drink - Old fashioned or a mint julep (when its hot as balls outside)
Welcome aboard! Good seeing you bud :toast:
Image

First 41 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.2% | 8261 yards | 52 TDs | 37 INTs | 6.60 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.4% | 8554 yards | 48 TDs | 29 INTs | 6.7 YPA | 85.8 rating
User avatar
Sugashane
Journeyman
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:10 pm

G08 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:Jumping in on this board.

Name - Shane
Occupation - Carpenter - doing MBA in Healthcare Management
Was in the Air Force and medically discharged after another ACL tear
Hobbies - coaching football, basketball, and baseball/softball for my kids, being a mediocre guitar player, lifting and cooking.
Favorite food - Steak or sushi
Favorite drink - Old fashioned or a mint julep (when its hot as balls outside)
Welcome aboard! Good seeing you bud :toast:
Image
Image
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20970
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Sugashane wrote:
G08 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:Jumping in on this board.

Name - Shane
Occupation - Carpenter - doing MBA in Healthcare Management
Was in the Air Force and medically discharged after another ACL tear
Hobbies - coaching football, basketball, and baseball/softball for my kids, being a mediocre guitar player, lifting and cooking.
Favorite food - Steak or sushi
Favorite drink - Old fashioned or a mint julep (when its hot as balls outside)
Welcome aboard! Good seeing you bud :toast:
Image

Image

YOU THINK YOU'RE WELCOME HERE!?

BET YOUR ASS YOU ARE!

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE, AND LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE BETTER!
Image

"None of us are in the board room, locker room, or on the sideline, so in a way, we don't know shit."
- Otis Day


Read UOK's Summary of the Average Angry Bears Fan
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Location: Armpit of IL.
Posts: 5502
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Welcome Sugashane!! That is what I used to call Shane Mathews, others might have as well, I just can't remember. We are going to have to get that cooking thread going again.
User avatar
Adipost
MVP
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:54 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:45 am

Sugashane wrote:Jumping in on this board.

Name - Shane
Occupation - Carpenter - doing MBA in Healthcare Management
Was in the Air Force and medically discharged after another ACL tear
Hobbies - coaching football, basketball, and baseball/softball for my kids, being a mediocre guitar player, lifting and cooking.
Favorite food - Steak or sushi
Favorite drink - Old fashioned or a mint julep (when its hot as balls outside)
Sup sup!
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri May 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Welcome Sugar Shane

Image
User avatar
malagabears
Practice Squad
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:26 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:38 am

Name: Jim
Location: Malaga, Spain
Bears Fan since: mid 70's
Fav food: Mediterranean Diet
Fav drink: Spanish Sangria
Misc: Love me some Chicago Teams except White Sox!!
User avatar
Bearfacts
Pro Bowler
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:38 am

Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
User avatar
malagabears
Practice Squad
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:26 am

Introduce Yourself!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 am

Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
Welcome, there are great musicians in Denver!!

Enviado desde mi SM-T580 mediante Tapatalk
User avatar
Bearfacts
Pro Bowler
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:26 pm

malagabears wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
Welcome, there are great musicians in Denver!!

Enviado desde mi SM-T580 mediante Tapatalk
Si, y yo somos un musico muy magnifico

They don't know me here yet Jim so just don't rat me out , OK? :rofl:
User avatar
IotaNet
Crafty Veteran
Location: Minneapolis (Chicago Native)
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
I like that L2500! I’m a J-Bass fan myself but G&Ls are sweet.
User avatar
Bearfacts
Pro Bowler
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 am

IotaNet wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
I like that L2500! I’m a J-Bass fan myself but G&Ls are sweet.
Thank you sir.

I've only had it about a year. I've been playing PBasses and JBasses since my teens and still do but I had to have one of Leo's last gifts to bassist and IMHO his ultimate design. So much tonal variety it's astounding. Here's a better photo. Full Monty frontal. LOL

I have a herd of Telecasters and one of Leo's G&L ASAT Specials as well. I guess you might say I love Leo and much as I do crusty old George Halas. They gave me two things I highly cherish. Music and my Bears. :toast:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
IotaNet
Crafty Veteran
Location: Minneapolis (Chicago Native)
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Bearfacts wrote:
IotaNet wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
I like that L2500! I’m a J-Bass fan myself but G&Ls are sweet.
Thank you sir.

I've only had it about a year. I've been playing PBasses and JBasses since my teens and still do but I had to have one of Leo's last gifts to bassist and IMHO his ultimate design. So much tonal variety it's astounding. Here's a better photo. Full Monty frontal. LOL

I have a herd of Telecasters and one of Leo's G&L ASAT Specials as well. I guess you might say I love Leo and much as I do crusty old George Halas. They gave me two things I highly cherish. Music and my Bears. :toast:
Very nice.

I assume you know all about Talkbass.com? I post there under the same handle as here. I used to be highly engaged with the community there but since I'm not playing actively anymore, I've dropped off quite a bit. Very active forum tho.
User avatar
malagabears
Practice Squad
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:26 am

Introduce Yourself!

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:46 am

IotaNet wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:
IotaNet wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
I like that L2500! I’m a J-Bass fan myself but G&Ls are sweet.
Thank you sir.

I've only had it about a year. I've been playing PBasses and JBasses since my teens and still do but I had to have one of Leo's last gifts to bassist and IMHO his ultimate design. So much tonal variety it's astounding. Here's a better photo. Full Monty frontal. LOL

I have a herd of Telecasters and one of Leo's G&L ASAT Specials as well. I guess you might say I love Leo and much as I do crusty old George Halas. They gave me two things I highly cherish. Music and my Bears. :toast:
Very nice.

I assume you know all about Talkbass.com? I post there under the same handle as here. I used to be highly engaged with the community there but since I'm not playing actively anymore, I've dropped off quite a bit. Very active forum tho.
I have known Bearfacts for about 4 years from other boards and not only is he a great poster, a great guy as well. He will bring great quality debate to the board on a number of things, particularly Bears related.

Enviado desde mi SM-T580 mediante Tapatalk
User avatar
Bearfacts
Pro Bowler
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:35 am

IotaNet wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:
IotaNet wrote:
Bearfacts wrote:Old school hard core Bears fan born in the Chicago 'burbs and now in Denver.
I like that L2500! I’m a J-Bass fan myself but G&Ls are sweet.
Thank you sir.

I've only had it about a year. I've been playing PBasses and JBasses since my teens and still do but I had to have one of Leo's last gifts to bassist and IMHO his ultimate design. So much tonal variety it's astounding. Here's a better photo. Full Monty frontal. LOL

I have a herd of Telecasters and one of Leo's G&L ASAT Specials as well. I guess you might say I love Leo and much as I do crusty old George Halas. They gave me two things I highly cherish. Music and my Bears. :toast:
Very nice.

I assume you know all about Talkbass.com? I post there under the same handle as here. I used to be highly engaged with the community there but since I'm not playing actively anymore, I've dropped off quite a bit. Very active forum tho.
Oh yeah. In fact we have quite a fun thread going called The Sarcasm, Coffee, and Technology, Music and Movie Club that includes some of the nicest and craziest bunch of musicians I've ever known. Join us if you get a chance. There as I have done for years elsewhere I post under my more well known nickname soulman969.

My days as a weekly weekend warrior are in the past as well but I'm always looking for the right deal bandwise and I still pickup sub gigs from time to time. I've played it all from rock to blues to soul/r&b/funk, country, latin jazz, traditional Chicano, and even a bit of hard rock and metal. I just love music is all and football.

Glad to know another "player" is about here. :toast:
User avatar
docc
Head Coach
Location: Dry Heat
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Welcome and nice to have other guitar slingers here..
I have mostly Gibsons (65 ES175..66ES355(one off)..65 EBO bass but three Fenders A 71 Strat..and 70 Mustang bass..and a 66 Cornado 12..also a highly modified EBO bass....69 Dove and 66 J200)

Do you still record ? Have a site ?
User avatar
Bearfacts
Pro Bowler
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:31 am

docc wrote:Welcome and nice to have other guitar slingers here..
I have mostly Gibsons (65 ES175..66ES355(one off)..65 EBO bass but three Fenders A 71 Strat..and 70 Mustang bass..and a 66 Cornado 12..also a highly modified EBO bass....69 Dove and 66 J200)

Do you still record ? Have a site ?
.

I don't record at home but have laid down some bass and guitar tracks for some friends through their rigs or in their studio. I've also done a few on some CDs they've released as well but basically I've always been a "weekend warrior" type and have done hundreds of live gigs over the years. I could even guess how many. I've long since lost count.

I've been through so much gear since I began that I keep thinking if I'd invested it in a mutual fund instead I'd be a millionaire twice over by now. :( But isn't that always the way. We're still just boys with our toys never wanting to grow out of our youth and playing music. LOL I'm also not famous enough to have a website but I'm fortunate enough to have played with a lot of great musicians who are far more well known than I.

Most of my stuff is Fender and G&L now both bass and guitars mostly because I've always played Fender gear but I do have a '56 Gold Top Tribute LP and an Epi Casino I enjoy as well and a couple of acoustics for those unplugged gigs and/or coffee house stuff. I love live music but sadly there seems to be less of it these days.
Last edited by Bearfacts on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Butkus1970
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:46 am

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 am

Hi from across the pond.

I started watching 'American Football' back in 1970 when my dad was stationed in Berlin & the only English speaking TV was the American Forces station. He decided to follow the bears as he liked particularly liked Dick Butkus & his style of play & so of course i followed suit.

I was fortunate to be able to see all of the Superbowl winning season as one of our TV channels had started showing the NFL on a regular basis a couple years prior. Good times. The following year the Bears played Dallas at Wembley & 25 years later beat the Buccs at the same venue. So currently i have a 100% win record of seeing the Bears play live!

Despite visiting the US many many times i have never managed to get to Chicago to see the Mighty Bears play a real 'home' game at Soldier Field but i hope to rectify that in the not to distant future!

On that note, is it safe to buy the re-sale tickets via the official Bears site? I assume it must be.

Fingers crossed for the coming season. Our time is now!
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Butkus1970 wrote:Hi from across the pond.

I started watching 'American Football' back in 1970 when my dad was stationed in Berlin & the only English speaking TV was the American Forces station. He decided to follow the bears as he liked particularly liked Dick Butkus & his style of play & so of course i followed suit.

I was fortunate to be able to see all of the Superbowl winning season as one of our TV channels had started showing the NFL on a regular basis a couple years prior. Good times. The following year the Bears played Dallas at Wembley & 25 years later beat the Buccs at the same venue. So currently i have a 100% win record of seeing the Bears play live!

Despite visiting the US many many times i have never managed to get to Chicago to see the Mighty Bears play a real 'home' game at Soldier Field but i hope to rectify that in the not to distant future!

On that note, is it safe to buy the re-sale tickets via the official Bears site? I assume it must be.

Fingers crossed for the coming season. Our time is now!
Welcome! And kudos for taking the name of the best football player EVER! :)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

Return to “Halas Hall”