Introduce Yourself!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bearspnw
Rookie

Finally decided to start an account. Life long bears fan out on the pacific northwest. Looks like a promising year.
G08
Hall of Famer

:welcome:

Jimmy Clausen makes me think of IE... whatever happened to that dude? I miss arguing about who was a better QB between Clausen and Cutler :lol: (I said Cutler)
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

Go Bears, been ghosting awhile, got a nice site and a lot of good posters w/good information.

was about 10 when the Bears won their sb, and it was just about that time I really was getting into football. Grew up in South Bend IN and everyone was a Cubs/Bears fan. It finally feels like we might be on the verge of a similar winning team, maybe a longer run if Trubs is a legit franchise qb(to soon to tell imo).
Pagan
MVP

Welcome Spawn & KSD!

Feel free to jump right in to a topic/lurk at your leisure :)

(Welcome back AZ)
Chitex312
Rookie

Hey, what's going on fellow Bears fans? I decided to start an account tonight so that I can connect and talk Bears football with everyone here. I gotta tell ya, it's good to be FINALLY out of hibernation after what seems to be almost a decade and how we've become relevant again.

A little bit about me:

Born and raised in Chicago, but specifically grew up in the western 'burbs of Chicago (Lombard/Villa Park) and now currently live in Texas. I'm in Cowboys country right now guys, so it was imperative I needed to join a forum like this. I'm an avid sports fans and still loyal to my Chicago teams: Da Bears, Da Bulls (really hard right now, get rid of GarPax), and the Cubs.

I'm looking forward in interacting with you guys around here, it's been a fun season thus far, hope the team can keep it going and Go Bears!!!
wab
Mod

Chitex312 wrote:Hey, what's going on fellow Bears fans? I decided to start an account tonight so that I can connect and talk Bears football with everyone here. I gotta tell ya, it's good to be FINALLY out of hibernation after what seems to be almost a decade and how we've become relevant again.

A little bit about me:

Born and raised in Chicago, but specifically grew up in the western 'burbs of Chicago (Lombard/Villa Park) and now currently live in Texas. I'm in Cowboys country right now guys, so it was imperative I needed to join a forum like this. I'm an avid sports fans and still loyal to my Chicago teams: Da Bears, Da Bulls (really hard right now, get rid of GarPax), and the Cubs.

I'm looking forward in interacting with you guys around here, it's been a fun season thus far, hope the team can keep it going and Go Bears!!!
Welcome! I'm also in the heart of Cowboys territory. Literally...like I live 10 minutes from The Star.
sparkosaurus
Rookie

Name: Sparky
Bears fan since: Today
Fave food: Wagyu Rib Eye. Rare.
Fave drink: Boddingtons
Misc: 40+ years a Washington Redskins fan and this season did it for me. That organization is toxic and will not improve until Dan Snyder no longer owns the team. Been in Chicago for 8 years now and decided to switch over to the home team! Hope you all don't mind an avid fan of the game jumping on your bandwagon!
docc
Head Coach

Welcome aboard.. I have no idea about leaving a team..as I am Chicago born and raised but have lived many places..now about 2000 miles away in Arizona for many years,

Hope you enjoy the ride..
Welcome..
Chitex312
Rookie

Welcome! I'm also in the heart of Cowboys territory. Literally...like I live 10 minutes from The Star.[/quote]

In Frisco? Yeah, I lived there for 4 years, but I'm currently located in West Texas. I get tired of the Cowboys bumper stickers, tee shirts and fanfare around here.
Feds70
Rookie

Hi.

I am Feds....an old Bears fan, Born in Chicago but lives in the Northwoods of WI and I like long walks on the beach
Buttditkus
Rookie

Hello from Scotland.

I've been following the Bears properly since the 1987 strike season, although I've got memories of watching the previous few Super Bowls, including XX.

European fans in that era were limited to US Armed Forces radio for live games. A lot different now, and I finally made my first trip to Soldier Field for a Thursday night game v the Giants during the Trestman years.

Bears related claim to fame No.1: I once had conversation with Caleb Hanie.
Bears related claim to fame No.2: I once used the restrooms at the Park Grill alongside Carmen DeFalco (restroom etiquette prevented a conversation, of course :o ).
AlfaMack
Rookie

Hello from Cheshire, England... Although originally a Jock from Scotland.
DaBears were the first team I took an interest in when Channel 4 started showing the games back in the 80's.

Glad that we've something to shout about again after years in the wilderness.
wab
Mod

Welcome good sir.
UOK
Site Admin

Welcome aboard, fellas.
BearsGuy
Rookie

Hi all. My name's Matt, I'm in my 20s, and I'm a lifelong NC resident. I've been a Bears fan only a short time, but I also recently became a Bulls and Blackhawks fan too, so there's good and bad there. I've adopted Chicago's teams because I plan to move to the city in the next few years.
DoubleDoink
Rookie

Hey guys, Detroit (ew I know) based Bears fan coming in hot.

Look forward to FA and the Draft.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Hi, I'm RING4CHI. Along with long walks on the beach, I also enjoy going AWOL for long periods of time.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

RING4CHI wrote:Hi, I'm RING4CHI. Along with long walks on the beach, I also enjoy going AWOL for long periods of time.
Welcome back!
wab
Mod

RING4CHI wrote:Hi, I'm RING4CHI. Along with long walks on the beach, I also enjoy going AWOL for long periods of time.
Where the hell have you been man?!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Long story short, life has taken quite a few turns the last 18 months or so. Most of the turns were good turns, some quite good turns. But the things that have happened my wife and I could've never imagined happening when they did, so our time just got preoccupied.

Life is good, and hopefully I can be back around these parts more often.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

RING4CHI wrote:
wab wrote:
Long story short, life has taken quite a few turns the last 18 months or so. Most of the turns were good turns, some quite good turns. But the things that have happened my wife and I could've never imagined happening when they did, so our time just got preoccupied.

Life is good, and hopefully I can be back around these parts more often.
Fantastic! Great to have you back.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I love to hear (well, read) about good things happening to people.

Welcome back from your leave, man.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Name: Rick
Fan Since: 1963
Work: Hardly, retired last year
High Points of Being a Bears Fan: Seeing Sayers and Butkus play in Wrigley. At the game where Sweetness set the single game rushing record (although the game besides that wasn't much). The '85 team.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Xee
Site Admin

:welcome: @Grizzled

Happy to have you here!
grendel2000
Journeyman

Howdy everyone!

I'm a refugee from cbfans.net... I probably know a number of you already from various boards over the years. Happy to be here!
UOK
Site Admin

grendel2000 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:26 pm Howdy everyone!

I'm a refugee from cbfans.net... I probably know a number of you already from various boards over the years. Happy to be here!
Welcome aboard!

As a friendly reminder to you and others, the BFO Community Guidelines say the following:

MEMBER CONDUCT

REGARDING CONTENT:

We don't mind profanity, but keep it tasteful. No racial, sexist, or homophobic language will be tolerated.
Use good judgment with images. Image size, especially in signatures, can clutter up or lag the page.
The underlined and italicized portion of that is what I'm referencing here. Your now former signature of bouncing tits (and Umbali's avatar of similar jugs) have been removed. We want all walks of fan, including women, to feel welcome here and not like they've walked into a strip club. There are many billions of venues on the internet where you can look at naked chicks. This place is for talking about the Bears.

Additionally, be mindful of people who browse BFO at work. It would perhaps earn a reprimand or in some circumstances a firing if somebody was innocently browsing the board and suddenly their boss sees some clearly NSFW content. Let's be a bit more mindful about that stuff, please.

It was also a monstrous image to have as a signature.

Anywho, if anyone needs a Bears-related avatar or signature, I've got a stickied thread full of ones I've made for your use.
grendel2000
Journeyman

Copy all!

Sorry for the early misstep.

For my next trick... :frustrated:
UOK
Site Admin

grendel2000 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:40 pm Copy all!

Sorry for the early misstep.

For my next trick... :frustrated:

Don't stress! All is well. :welcome:
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

Hey all, another cbfans.net refugee (fka as BillGeorge61 there). Life long Bears fan who has never seen them win a SB :(, near western Chicago suburbs born and raised. Father of an almost 15 month old with number 2 a month away.

Question on the board. Is this dark blue layout the only display option available or are therr any standard phpbb views?
Xee
Site Admin

The Cooler King wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:58 pm Hey all, another cbfans.net refugee (fka as BillGeorge61 there). Life long Bears fan who has never seen them win a SB :(, near western Chicago suburbs born and raised. Father of an almost 15 month old with number 2 a month away.

Question on the board. Is this dark blue layout the only display option available or are therr any standard phpbb views?
:welcome: Happy to have you. And you are a brave man to have kids that close. I have a 3 1/2 year-old and only now have things slowed down enough for us to think about a second one.

And unfortunately this the only style we offer. At one time we had both a light and dark them but a forum update broke our previous style and this new one requires some additional technology that only supports one.