Bears Survive Lions Scare 27-23

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Orton and Mike Brown got injured and Rex came in had himself a pretty solid day under center. The Bears were outplayed badly in the 2nd quarter but came back in the final half to holdoff a feisty Lions squad.

Discuss here, updates on injuries as they come.
G08
Hall of Famer

I wasn't able to catch much of the second half, but it looks like Forte had one hell of a day rushing the ball! How did the defense attack Grossman once he entered? Was there a barrage of blitzes? What about passing, did he look to anyone in particular more often than not/
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

I am just pissed the fuck off. I tried to watch the game on StoogeTV but is was so jumpy that it was unwatchable. Then the douchbags kept saying donate donate donate. So i asked one of them why I should donate when the system is so shitty. I know I wouldnt by a car that only worked every 4 secs I got the feeling I was banned there oh well they can fuck themselves. Then I go to Get the radio feed. Nope doesn't work either Just keeps cutting out. I then tried to get on monstershow. Computer would not let me log on. I was not ment to watch this game. So here I sit very verry pissy.

HAVE A NICE DAY.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

According to Comcast Sports Net, Orton's ankle is NOT broken and is NOT season ending. Don't know how long he is out, but it is not season ending.

No word on Mike Brown, other than he left the lockerroom with a smile on his face.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Xee
Site Admin

imprint3454 wrote:No word on Mike Brown, other than he left the lockerroom with a smile on his face.
Honestly, it seems if he holds back he's fine; it's the minute he starts making plays his body just can't handle it. The touchdown in Arizona, the interception in San Diego, and now the interception today. Maybe I have a selective memory but that's just the way it seems.
Pagan
MVP

I havent read any re: like what I'm thinking so I'm just going to throw it down. I'm very unhappy with this Bears victory- a wins a win and @ the end of the year I know it doesnt matter. BUT. This is a team the Bears SHOULD have slapped around, the Bears didnt win this game- Detroit lost it. Kudos to Forte for having a big day- hopefully this is a sign of an extra week of needed rest and some game planning more than just rushing a lot against a team that cant stop the rush.

The team seemed flat to me, and the Bears defense scares the hell out of me. Is there anyone they can stop? Again, they won- I know. But this should'nt have been close and they KNOW IT. That is why Williams was activated today- he was supposed to play in mop up duty. The Bears were too close to losing to give anyone some live action practice reps. The whole game seemed like a practice game, the way they played.

Yes, I'm worried about our 5 & 3 Chicago Bears.

pagan
gaba
Head Coach

The Bears are 5-3. It's not great but it's a lot better than I expected (not as good as I hoped but not as bad as I feared). I kind of feel weird feeling this way, but I'm pretty pissed off with how they're playing (most of them). There are 2 losses that SHOULD NOT have been losses and two wins that I am actually pissed off about. I miss the days when it was only REX that looked great one week and sucked the next. Apparently having him on the sidelines so much has infected the defense.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
G08
Hall of Famer

The defense is one of the worst I have seen here since 2005. Is there any reason why we CAN NOT cover the god damned slant? :thumbdown:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

Yeah, I can't figure it out. It's the same defense for 5 years, nearly all the same players that we had when we were at the top of the NFL in defense for several years. Either our players are underperforming, or the Cover 2 (or whatever variation we run) is obsolete.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Yeah, I can't figure it out. It's the same defense for 5 years, nearly all the same players that we had when we were at the top of the NFL in defense for several years. Either our players are underperforming, or the Cover 2 (or whatever variation we run) is obsolete.

I would say that we run many different defense and none of them much more than a third of the time it's stretching it pretty far to blame to scheme.

I think it’s a both a matter of personnel and execution.

It’s not ‘nearly the same’, Mike Brown was done BEFOR the injury, Tillman is playing hurt, Tommie Harris is not the same, there is no Tank in the middle helping Tommie out, etc.

And in many ways it is the same. Vasher never was very good, Hunter was always limited, AB, O-Gun, and Anderson are streaky to say the least.
jasyk34
Rookie

Even though the Bears won, its hard to feel good about that win. We lost Kyle and the defense made the odd play but for the most part played like shit again.

As for Hester, he needs to hold onto the ball on returns. He fumbled another return against the Lions away game if I am not mistaken ?

We will need a miracle next week against Tennessee just to keep the final scoreline respectable, never mind a win :grovel:
jasyk34
Rookie

Rockbear99 wrote:I am just pissed the f**k off. I tried to watch the game on StoogeTV but is was so jumpy that it was unwatchable. Then the douchbags kept saying donate donate donate. So i asked one of them why I should donate when the system is so shitty. I know I wouldnt by a car that only worked every 4 secs I got the feeling I was banned there oh well they can f**k themselves. Then I go to Get the radio feed. Nope doesn't work either Just keeps cutting out. I then tried to get on monstershow. Computer would not let me log on. I was not ment to watch this game. So here I sit very verry pissy.

HAVE A NICE DAY.
Rockbear, thought I seen you name coming up on the chat on stoogeTV. The game was unwatchable on there for me aswell, although someone posted an external link to another site where I was able to see the game.