For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

gaba
Head Coach

How about the last 3 years WAB?
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:As much as we rip on this team...we are the second winningest team in the NFC over the last 5 years. That's a fact that ccan't be ignored.
that may be true, but what do they have to show for it?

it's all about the rings baby ... 0 championships since 1985 says a lot more than averaging 9 wins a year for the past 5 years
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Only one team gets a ring at the end of the year and if you are expecting the Bears to be a dynasty in the mold of the Pats, Boys or Niners it's not gonna happen.

The only way to get to the ring is to get the wins...and we are one of the winningest teams in the NFL since Lovie arrived.

Alls I am saying is that, yes, this team frustrates the hell out of me....but it could be worse.
gaba
Head Coach

I'd rather KNOW my team is going to suck that sit and watch a talented group of stars turn into a bunch of washed up divas with nothing to show for it.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:I'd rather KNOW my team is going to suck that sit and watch a talented group of stars turn into a bunch of washed up divas with nothing to show for it.
You'd rather be a Lions fan?
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

gaba wrote:I'd rather KNOW my team is going to suck that sit and watch a talented group of stars turn into a bunch of washed up divas with nothing to show for it.
You are letting the frustration of an up and down season cloud your judgement. I don't see a "bunch of washed up divas" on this team. Maybe a few and one specifically who's name rhymes with Murlahcker...but mostly I see a bunch of talented players who for whatever reason are playing unispired at times.

Lovie...for all his faults...found a way to squeeze nine wins out of a team that most thought would win maybe 6. This isn't me sticking up for Lovie, because I'm not, it's me pointing out a fact.

We have 9 wins to show for it. A 9 win team will be going to the Superbowl this year. We have a talented team that has played good ball. I'm hopeful that with the coaching moves Lovie has made we can get back to the playoffs. (I think many people are understating the importance of the Babich demontion...because that's really what happened)
gaba
Head Coach

...but mostly I see a bunch of talented players who for whatever reason are playing unispired at times.
You say tomato, I say washed up divas.

Maybe there's still life left in some of them, but I'm afraid most of them have been RUINED by Lovie's leadership. When we do finally get a new coach in here, he's gonna have to get rid of a bunch of pansies who honestly believe they should not be questioned. Whether they can still play or not, they're gonna have to go for the good of the team. On the defense especially, I think Brown (Alex) and Briggs are the only ones worth saving. (That's assuming Mike Brown won't be around for a new coach of course.)

None of this really applies to the offense though. They've never been good enough to get the ego issues. They just get frustrated and want to get the hell out of town. They might still be salvageable.

The defense though? Nothing but washed up divas as far as I can see.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!