Bears try out two former AAF kickers

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Multiple sources told the Tribune the Bears will host Younghoe Koo and Nick Rose in a tryout Wednesday at Halas Hall. It’s believed they might bring in at least one additional kicker that day.

Koo, 24, spent four games with the Chargers in 2017, when he made 3 of 6 field-goal attempts and 9 of 9 extra points. The Georgia Southern alumnus hit eight of his 14 kickoffs for touchbacks.

Koo was 14 of 14 on field goals for the Atlanta Legends in the AAF with a long of 38 yards.

Rose, 24, spent two games with the Chargers in 2017 and eight games with the Redskins that season. He was 11 of 14 on field goals with a long of 55 and made 23 of 26 extra points. The Texas alumnus hit 32 of his 47 kickoffs for touchbacks.

Rose was also 14 of 14 on field goals for the San Antonio Commanders in the AAF with a long of 54 and another from 50 yards.
wab
Mod

I once saw Nick Rose kick a 80 yard filed goal just goofing off.
Funkster
MVP

Even if none of these kickers pan out, you gotta love the work Pace is putting in trying to find the right kicker for this team. He’s literally looking under ever rock. I wouldn’t be mad if he overpaid for Gostkowski at this point. Having a clutch kicker is so under valued in today’s game. Just think where the bears could’ve gone last season if they had one.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

I do believe the Bears are trying to corner the market in hilarious kicker names. Between Blewwit and Younghoe Koo, I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I don't care if his name is Fum Ducker if he can kick. Hopefully one of these guys pans out.