Congrats to the Cubs! 103-59. Playoff discussion.

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I became a Cubs fan when I moved to Chicago in 2001. I have lived through misery for the last 15 years, which I know pales in comparison to many people. I enthusiastically jumped on the Theo train when he sat there and said, "this will be a process, and we are going to lose before we win. We need to rebuild the organization from the ground up." Of course you can always be nervous that something like that won't work. Well it has.

It is a new day as a Cubs fan. We enter the 2016 playoffs as the overriding favorite to win the World Series. We have the best record in basball. We may also very well have the MVP and the Cy Young winners on the team. I am entering these playoffs with a sense of optimism I have never had. Let's do this and put the drought to bed. Let's do it for Ronny and Ernie. Let's fly the W throughout October.

GO CUBS!!!!
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I became a Cubs fan when I moved to Chicago in 2001. I have lived through misery for the last 15 years, which I know pales in comparison to many people. I enthusiastically jumped on the Theo train when he sat there and said, "this will be a process, and we are going to lose before we win. We need to rebuild the organization from the ground up." Of course you can always be nervous that something like that won't work. Well it has.

It is a new day as a Cubs fan. We enter the 2016 playoffs as the overriding favorite to win the World Series. We have the best record in basball. We may also very well have the MVP and the Cy Young winners on the team. I am entering these playoffs with a sense of optimism I have never had. Let's do this and put the drought to bed. Let's do it for Ronny and Ernie. Let's fly the W throughout October.

GO CUBS!!!!
Buddy, I have been a fan since I was a kid (30+ years). My old man was more into the White Sox but he always recorded Harry Caray sing the 7th inning stretch and then had me watch it. I fell in love immediately, and the very next half of the inning some guy wearing a 23 jersey named Ryne Sandberg would come up to bat and crush a home run and the Wrigley Field ballpark (most beautiful in baseball, if you ask me... Fenway is a close second, followed by PNC Park) is going nuts. I was hooked.

Heartbreak doesn't even begin to describe what it has been like being a die-hard Cubs fan. It takes an emotional toll, but I wouldn't trade anything for the world -- I really wouldn't.

I hope and pray for the best this Playoffs man... I'm so nervous I've had butterflies all afternoon. About to head out of my condo and walk down to Clark/Addison and park my ass with my buddies at the only table they were able to find (John Barleycorn's, boo) and watch what I hope will be the start of a memorable run towards a World Series title.

GO CUBS BABY!!#$#@&$#@&!^
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

I'm dealing with a LOT today, so the Cubs game is sort of the conclusion to a wild clusterfuck of a Friday. I hope they put it together and make dreams come true.
UOK
Site Admin

Ditka hanging out at Wrigley. World Series 2016 champions confirmed.

G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I'm dealing with a LOT today, so the Cubs game is sort of the conclusion to a wild clusterfuck of a Friday. I hope they put it together and make dreams come true.
I'm sorry again, bro. I hope the Cubs can be a pleasant 3+ hour distraction and bring you some happiness :)

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:I'm dealing with a LOT today, so the Cubs game is sort of the conclusion to a wild clusterfuck of a Friday. I hope they put it together and make dreams come true.
I'm sorry again, bro. I hope the Cubs can be a pleasant 3+ hour distraction and bring you some happiness :)

Thanks man. I'm feeling okay about everything, just ready to get the family together over the weekend and do the whole mourning/funeral stuff. Been a hard time in my family the last 11 months.
UOK
Site Admin

That's a win, boys. 10 more to go.
docc
Head Coach

CUBS WIN..CUBS WIN..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAEZ..!! LESTER !! CHAPMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY COW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Old Harry is smiling down somewhere, probably drunk.
G08
Hall of Famer

JAVY BOMBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:That's a win, boys. 10 more to go.
Yes SIR!!! Go Cubbies.

I hope they light Samardjzia up tonight.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:

Thanks man. I'm feeling okay about everything, just ready to get the family together over the weekend and do the whole mourning/funeral stuff. Been a hard time in my family the last 11 months.
I'm sorry UOK. I don't know what happened, but best wishes and positive thoughts from our family to yours. I'm glad you can find a little serenity in the Cubs.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

CUBS WIN!!!!

We beat Samardzjia like a bitch.
UOK
Site Admin

Fuck Samardzija. Also Cubs win. I hope the meat of the order heats up because you can't make it the distance when your pitchers are scoring your crucial runs.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Fuck Samardzija. Also Cubs win. I hope the meat of the order heats up because you can't make it the distance when your pitchers are scoring your crucial runs.
Truth in that. I think Bryant has been putting good wood on the ball. It's Rizzo that is concerning me. He has looked bad at the plate the last couple of games. My guess is that he's getting out of his normal approach, and pressing a bit.

We get Baumgarner on Monday. My guess is that we don't beat him, but we beat the last guy in their rotation. Unless of course they decide to throw Cueto back out there on three days rest.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:Fuck Samardzija. Also Cubs win. I hope the meat of the order heats up because you can't make it the distance when your pitchers are scoring your crucial runs.
Truth in that. I think Bryant has been putting good wood on the ball. It's Rizzo that is concerning me. He has looked bad at the plate the last couple of games. My guess is that he's getting out of his normal approach, and pressing a bit.

We get Baumgarner on Monday. My guess is that we don't beat him, but we beat the last guy in their rotation. Unless of course they decide to throw Cueto back out there on three days rest.
I want to get the heck out of San Fran with a W tonight and not have to worry about facing Cueto or MadBum for the rest of the 2016 season. Nervous as fuck for this one but I think our bats do him in!

UOK
Site Admin

God damn.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Happy for all the long suffering Cub fans. I know they were expecting a game 5 in Chitown,then BAM!! The mother fuckers came back..

Actually watched this and was thinking goat the whole game.
G08
Hall of Famer

Greatest comeback from a deficit (4) in a post-season clincher!

Ended the Giants streak of being undefeated in elimination games!!

Ended the Giants even-year bullshit!!!

BRING ON WHOMEVER!!!!

WHAT. A. GAME!!!!!

docc
Head Coach

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great fucking comeback..

These kids can BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Greatest comeback from a deficit (4) in a post-season clincher!

Ended the Giants streak of being undefeated in elimination games!!

Ended the Giants even-year bullshit!!!

BRING ON WHOMEVER!!!!

WHAT. A. GAME!!!!!
That was a BLAST to watch!! I was all down and pissed off, thinking about game 5. Then BAM!!!! Single, walk, double...

Just WOW!!!
Road
Pro Bowler

Awesome win last night!
Baez has really been their spark lately.
I’m sort of hoping for the Nats so I don’t have to stay up ‘til 2: AM anymore. These west coast games are ruining my sleep schedule!
!¡!¡! Go Cubs Go = Go Cubs Go !¡!¡!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Yeah...not sure who I would like to see in the NLCS. I'm thinking the Nats, because it will be better on the players, and the only one in the Washington rotation that scares me is Scherzer, and their position players, outside of Harper and Murphy don't scare me. The Dodgers on the other hand have a lot of ways they can beat you. I think their overall pitching staff is tougher. Seager, Gonzalez and Turner are good bats in the infield. Grandal is a great catcher.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Yeah...not sure who I would like to see in the NLCS. I'm thinking the Nats, because it will be better on the players, and the only one in the Washington rotation that scares me is Scherzer, and their position players, outside of Harper and Murphy don't scare me. The Dodgers on the other hand have a lot of ways they can beat you. I think their overall pitching staff is tougher. Seager, Gonzalez and Turner are good bats in the infield. Grandal is a great catcher.
I've taken a different approach since last night; I don't care who we face. This team doesn't quit and they are on a motherfucking mission.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Yeah...not sure who I would like to see in the NLCS. I'm thinking the Nats, because it will be better on the players, and the only one in the Washington rotation that scares me is Scherzer, and their position players, outside of Harper and Murphy don't scare me. The Dodgers on the other hand have a lot of ways they can beat you. I think their overall pitching staff is tougher. Seager, Gonzalez and Turner are good bats in the infield. Grandal is a great catcher.
I've taken a different approach since last night; I don't care who we face. This team doesn't quit and they are on a motherfucking mission.
Where is the Goddamn 'LIKE' button!? Amen brother! :headbang:

GO CUBS!!!!!!!