Jose Bautista wants someone else to punch him

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19407394/atlanta-braves-miffed-jose-bautista-bat-flipping-antics
Benches emptied in the Blue Jays-Braves game Wednesday night after Toronto slugger Jose Bautista homered to left field, stood at home plate and stared toward pitcher Eric O'Flaherty before flipping the bat away with a towering toss in Atlanta.

Jace Peterson said something to Bautista as he rounded first, and Braves catcher Kurt Suzuki was waiting for Bautista when he touched home.

No punches were thrown, but O'Flaherty didn't mince words about Bautista's actions.

"That's something making the game tough to watch,'' the pitcher said, referring to previous home run celebrations by the Toronto slugger. "It's turned into look-at-me stuff. He hit a home run with [the Braves holding] a five-run lead and throws the bat around. I'm just tired of it. I've seen it from him enough.''

O'Flaherty then brought up a huge punch that Bautista took just over a year ago during a scuffle with Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor.

"I'm surprised he's ready to fight after last year,'' O'Flaherty said with a disdainful chuckle.

For his part, Bautista said he hoped to move on.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

While I think the bat tossing is unsportsmanlike, I do usually get a laugh over the exaggerated tosses.

The hit and watch the shit go out of the park - who started the b.s.?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:While I think the bat tossing is unsportsmanlike, I do usually get a laugh over the exaggerated tosses.

The hit and watch the shit go out of the park - who started the b.s.?
I would say the blue jays plunking 7 guys in 3 games (5 in game 1) was the starting point, then this and freddie freeman getting his wrist broke by a pitch.

I don't mind the bat flip crap, but when you are down 5 and hit a solo shot run the freaking bases and get the heck out of there, especially when you are currently a 0.200 hitter. Talented assclown is what Bautista is. Kind of like celebrating a 3 pointer when you are down thirty.