Baseball 2015 - Cubs, Sox, whatever

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

DaDitka
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Goddamn Cardinals acquire Jason Heyward and a damn good closer for one of their meh pitching prospects. Cubs whiff on Russell Martin, who chased dollar signs and the DH role into Toronto.
The meh pitching prospect was 'untouchable' just two years ago. I'm not sure I like the deal. You're getting a veteran outfielder about to enter free agency who has already expressed his interest in hitting the open market and you gave up a young pitcher that projects as a #2 or #3 starter that you still have control over for four more years.

These two clubs made an almost identical trade years ago ... with the Cards sending JD Drew to Atlanta for a meh pitching prospect and a closer. The Closer was Ray king and the meh prospect...his name is Adam Wainwright.
UOK
Site Admin

Sox trade for Samardzija one day, Cubs sign Lester the next, in addition to acquiring an all-star catcher for next to nothing. Been a nice couple days for Chicago baseball.
UOK
Site Admin

Hey guys. Feel free to start new topics as you see fit in new threads. I'm just moving this here for posterity's sake.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Hey guys. Feel free to start new topics as you see fit in new threads. I'm just moving this here for posterity's sake.

shouldn't this one have been closed since it was 2014?

not telling you how to do things, just a suggestion
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin