Cubs in the thick of it, White Sox still in the running

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

have to say I am impressed with how the Cubs are keeping themselves relevant in the NL race ... I had expected them to do their usual swoon by now ... looks like they are perhaps legitimate?

their fans can only hope maybe they won't wake up and realize they're the Cubs

as for my White Sox, they have been futile since the start of the season ... the fact they are still in the AL wild card chase (6 games back) is more a testament to everyone else sucking as well than it is any White Sox team ability ... and I doubt Chris Sale alone can carry them to the post season

Chicago teams aside, this has been a pretty interesting season ... the damn Cardinals are still the top of the heap in the NL though ... and doing it all without their ace Wainwright

and Toronto may well be the surprise of the AL ... I can realistically see them overtaking the Yankees and not looking back

September should be a very good month for watching baseball
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Cubs are on their expected post-streak wobbles, where they made the Tigers look like Gods and probably will go on a .500 stretch for a week or so. I fully expect them to make a run in the playoffs this year. It feels like the 2009 Blackhawks that made the WCF in a failing effort but you knew they were going to make a huge run in 2010 - a championship season.