Cubs vs. Sox Shit Talk Thread: Circlejerk of Circlejerks

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I guess since the Cubbies are no longer the lovable losers, this thread has lost some of its reason for being? Made more so by the Sox in rebuild mode and probably going to be bad for a while.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Welp, time for the Crosstown Classic, folks.

How are Sox/Cubs fans doing and how will we approach this series?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, this is a series where the Cubs should get really "healthy." Anything less than 3-1 series and it would be a disappointment for Cub fans I believe. A sweep would really help them distance themselves from the rest of the division. It will be interesting to see how Hendrix fares in his comeback.
G08
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Well, this is a series where the Cubs should get really "healthy." Anything less than 3-1 series and it would be a disappointment for Cub fans I believe. A sweep would really help them distance themselves from the rest of the division. It will be interesting to see how Hendrix fares in his comeback.
I think he's going to be on a pitch count... probably around 70 or so and then Montgomery will take over in relief. The Sox usually get up for these series against us lately, I'll expect nothing but their best.

I'd love to take both at Wrigley and split at Comisk.. er, US Cellu... er, whatever that place with the big red downward pointing arrow is called :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"