Vikings - Bridgewater active, Bradford to IR

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Vikings add Teddy Bridgewater to active roster; Sam Bradford to IR
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- For the first time in nearly 15 months, Teddy Bridgewater is back on the Minnesota Vikings' active roster.

Wednesday was the deadline for the Vikings to decide Bridgewater's status for the rest of the 2017 season. He spent the first six weeks on the physically unable to perform list, was medically cleared to return to practice on Oct. 18, and the Vikings then had a three-week window to determine if Bridgewater was ready to play this season.

In order to make room for Bridgewater on the 53-man roster, the Vikings placed veteran quarterback Sam Bradford on injured reserve, thus shutting him down for the rest of the regular season. If the Vikings make the playoffs and Bradford is healthy, the team could elect to activate him off IR at that point.

With Bradford on IR, the Vikings now have three active quarterbacks in Bridgewater, interim starter Case Keenum and Kyle Sloter.

Keenum will remain the starter when the Vikings face the Redskins on the road in Week 10, and Bridgewater is expected to serve as his backup. Bridgewater has not experienced any medical setbacks since rejoining the team in practice three weeks ago to lead the scout-team offense.

The Vikings expect Bridgewater to transition back to his starting role when needed, sources told ESPN.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

God it still blows my mind that the vikes sent a first and a fourth to the eagles for Sam Bradford.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:God it still blows my mind that the vikes sent a first and a fourth to the eagles for Sam Bradford.

they were desperate and ended up in dire need in a seller's market

Bradford did ok for them when healthy ... not necessarily a performance worthy of the price paid to get him, but at least he didn't completely suck

too bad the Bears weren't selling at the time ... Cutler could have gotten hurt as a Viking instead of a Bear
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Wounded Bear
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:God it still blows my mind that the vikes sent a first and a fourth to the eagles for Sam Bradford.

they were desperate and ended up in dire need in a seller's market

Bradford did ok for them when healthy ... not necessarily a performance worthy of the price paid to get him, but at least he didn't completely suck

too bad the Bears weren't selling at the time ... Cutler could have gotten hurt as a Viking instead of a Bear
+1. Would have loved to have gotten anything even remotely near that for Cutty. I had a feeling Pace was done with him and I just wanted to get anything for him in return.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

No way they deal with a division opponent though.