2018 HOF Nominees

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Who do you predict to be the 15 finalists?
Who would you like to see get the nod (up to 5)?

Quarterbacks (5): Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms

Running backs (10): Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Roger Craig, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Lorenzo Neal, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

Wide receivers (13): *Isaac Bruce, Donald Driver, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, *Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith (NYG), John Taylor, Hines Ward

Tight end (4): Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Ferrell Edmunds, Jay Novacek

Offensive linemen (21): Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), Ray Donaldson (C), *Alan Faneca (G), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), Steve Hutchinson (G), *Joe Jacoby (T), Mike Kenn (T), *Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Bart Oates (C), Jeff Saturday (C), Richmond Webb (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

Defensive linemen (11): La'Roi Glover (DT/NT), Leonard Marshall (DE/DT), Keith Millard (DT/NT/DE), Leslie O'Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/NT/LB), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

Linebackers (15): Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

Defensive backs (12): Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Ronde Barber (CB/S), LeRoy Butler (S), *Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), *Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Dennis Smith (S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

Kickers/punter (3): Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K)

Special teams (2): Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

Coaches (12): *Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
UOK
Site Admin

These names, man. I feel old.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:These names, man. I feel old.

no shit

I remember many of them playing their rookie seasons, and now they're on to other things and HoF nominees?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:Who do you predict to be the 15 finalists?
Who would you like to see get the nod (up to 5)?
my final 15 from that list :

Quarterbacks (5): * none of them

Running backs (10): Roger Craig

Wide receivers (13): Isaac Bruce, Hines Ward

Tight end (4): Mark Bavaro

Offensive linemen (21): Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T)

Defensive linemen (11): Neil Smith (DE)

Linebackers (15): Carl Banks, Clay Matthews, Brian Urlacher

Defensive backs (12): Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), John Lynch (S), Darren Woodson (S)

Kickers/punter (3): * none of them

Special teams (2): * none of them

the coaches don't count against the 15 I don't think ... or do they? until told otherwise, I'll keep them separate :

Coaches (12): *Don Coryell, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Marty Schottenheimer, Dick Vermeil

My final 5 :

Roger Craig (RB), Bill Fralic (G/T), Brian Urlacher (LB), Eric Allen (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

My final coach :

Don Coryell
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The article I read was 15 from this list and 3 finalists from the senior committee will go on to get whittled down from there...
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

AI think maybe I just expect more to be in a hall of fame. None of those QBs scream best of the best. RBs the same. WRs, I am thinking Moss and TO. OL I am saying Jacoby and the homer in me says Hilgy.

DL - not really
LBs - tough one really, homer says Url and need to look at others compared to him.
DB - just to piss everyone off, Rodney Harrison. I think his stats are equal to anyone else on the ballot. Also, he is Leatherneck!! he will never get in.

Coaches - I am liking Coryell and Knox.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Lewis, Urlacher, Dawkins & Moss.
wab
Mod

southdakbearfan wrote:Lewis, Urlacher, Dawkins & Moss.
Same