D-line thoughts.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Unrein can play, but hopefully not for long for us. Hicks, worth it. Eddie is really good too. However, against the Falcons, they kept Hicks in even though he was Visually gassed. Why do you think that is? Bully and RRH earned their spots, why not put them in? The contract or what?
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I thought that was an odd mistake.

I think in a tight game they were just scared of the kids and tried to ride their stud too hard.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
LacertineForest
MVP

The Bears tried to sub in for Hicks right before he got that personal foul (if I recall the timing correctly) and he waived the player back to the sidelines. I think they should have been more aggressive in trying to pull him out when it was obvious he was barely doing more than standing up, but I'm not sure why they didn't.
wab
Mod

BearButtseks wrote:The Bears tried to sub in for Hicks right before he got that personal foul (if I recall the timing correctly) and he waived the player back to the sidelines. I think they should have been more aggressive in trying to pull him out when it was obvious he was barely doing more than standing up, but I'm not sure why they didn't.
I saw that. Bullard was on his way in, Hicks shooed him off and he ran back to the sideline.

I think, aside from specific sub packages, coaches give guys like Hicks a lot of leeway on when to stay in and when to come out.
Wounded Bear
MVP

And that's a whole other subject, why in the world is a player allowed to waive off another player being sent in by a coach.... That's some bullshit. Hopefully Hicks gets verbally reprimanded for that kind of crap.

EDIT: Secondly, why in the hell was Chicago wearing their dark jerseys at home this early in the season (especially when you take into account how hot those big dudes get). I'd have them in white at home for the first month of the season (at the very least).
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Wounded Bear wrote:And that's a whole other subject, why in the world is a player allowed to waive off another player being sent in by a coach.... That's some bullshit. Hopefully Hicks gets verbally reprimanded for that kind of crap.

EDIT: Secondly, why in the hell was Chicago wearing their dark jerseys at home this early in the season (especially when you take into account how hot those big dudes get). I'd have them in white at home for the first month of the season (at the very least).
When I saw the dark uniforms I thought exactly the same thing. Dark clothing is a poor choice in the sun and heat. The coaches should be smarter than that for crying out loud.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote: EDIT: Secondly, why in the hell was Chicago wearing their dark jerseys at home this early in the season (especially when you take into account how hot those big dudes get). I'd have them in white at home for the first month of the season (at the very least).
That always pisses the hell out of me, because it's so damn obvious, if you've been in the sport for a few years.

Yes, you have to 'call it' in advance, but that should be SOP for September every fucking year.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

pus wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:And that's a whole other subject, why in the world is a player allowed to waive off another player being sent in by a coach.... That's some bullshit. Hopefully Hicks gets verbally reprimanded for that kind of crap.

When I saw the dark uniforms I thought exactly the same thing. Dark clothing is a poor choice in the sun and heat. The coaches should be smarter than that for crying out loud.
They did it so they can wear the white when the field is down to green paint on dirt, it's cold as heck and 33 seconds into the game all the jerseys look like crap/mud/brown/green.
Adipost
MVP

There is a clip somewhere on twitter showing Eddie Goldman pancaking Mathews.
G08
Hall of Famer

I felt the PF on Hicks was fucking bullshit. It's a bang bang play/sport and he didn't appear to me to take more than 2 steps. Tough to stop 340 lbs flying in that direction.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Umbali
MVP

I agree. I was furious over the personal foul. No way he was going to stop.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Umbali wrote:I agree. I was furious over the personal foul. No way he was going to stop.
I was more annoyed with the "holding" call on Whitehair - that was some complete horse shit.
Never Die Easy
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I felt the PF on Hicks was fucking bullshit. It's a bang bang play/sport and he didn't appear to me to take more than 2 steps. Tough to stop 340 lbs flying in that direction.
I've complained about this for years. The NFL expects these big guys to do the impossible.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.