Very positive BR article on Trubisky

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

Excellent article on Biscuit. Great read ...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/278 ... heir-words" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

Awesome read... kid has some spunk to him huh
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

UOK
Site Admin

God damn, that's an article right there. I'm juiced.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Great read!
Umbali
MVP

That was a great article. I read it and worked and tried to talk about it to everyone around me, and noone cared lol.

Also during Kyle and Trubiskys presser did anyone notice how focused Kyles eyes get when someone asks him a question lmao..made me think of Singletary
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
malk
Head Coach

I know politics is verboten so without getting into whether this is bad or good or anything else...

"Servant leadership," Trubisky reads. "That's the type of leader you try to be. When I think of servants, I think of Jesus Christ."

Super common in the NFL. Are players generally that religious or is it expected/performative?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
UOK
Site Admin

malk wrote:I know politics is verboten so without getting into whether this is bad or good or anything else...

"Servant leadership," Trubisky reads. "That's the type of leader you try to be. When I think of servants, I think of Jesus Christ."

Super common in the NFL. Are players generally that religious or is it expected/performative?
Not sure how common, but Trubisky's a bit more about his faith publicly than most. It's subtle, though.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:I know politics is verboten so without getting into whether this is bad or good or anything else...

Saying that Jesus Christ was a servant leader, isn't necessarily overtly religious. I mean, by all accounts he was. Saying that 'Jesus Christ is the chosen son of the almighty and powerful one true God'. Is religious.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

As we see some of these top draft picks develop, we really get to look into the mind of Ryan Pace, and what he is looking for on draft day. It's clear he values HIGH charachter players. Selfless players that are coachable, and very athletic. For me, I am beginning to understand why Pace was so sold on Trubisky. It was the raw football IQ, and the unbridled confidence that he has the ability to win everytime he steps on the field.