Who would you pick from this Bears team...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Knuckles
Player of the Month

Messed up my back and been sitting here watching old Bear games on YouTube... This 2010 Bears vs Seattle game was fun to watch again! My question is if you could pick 3 players from this Bears team in their prime to add to this years team who would they be?

LINK:

Mine would be... For obvious reasons...

Urlacher
Tillman
Kruetz

The ones I would pick that would fit the current team and needs are..

Peppers at OLB... him and Floyd would be sick.
Urlacher and Smith would probably be the best MLBs in the league.
Tillman and Fuller would be a pretty damn good combo.

Man in their prime with the current staff they would be primed for a superbowl.

But there's some guys I had a hard time not picking such as Hester and Forte as obvious ones but Harris, Olsen, Garza, Jennings, Briggs, and Gould are some I liked to. They had a pretty good bunch back then. On a side note was funny seeing our Tackles on offense... Man both those were terrible it goes to show if you can get rid of the ball quick you can get by with average (at best) Ts. Still can't believe Martz didn't want Olsen anymore after seeing him dominate the 1st half of this play off game.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

I don't understand. Is your 3rd player Kreutz or Peppers?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Richie
MVP

There's been a big handful of old Bears games uploaded recently. That Bart Simpson YouTube guy has a lot.

He has a lot of 2010 Bears on there. I recently watched all of those games as well. Most notably, the two regular season GB games. The Seattle playoff game and the NFC Title game.

NFC Title game still hurts. Probably even more so than the SB loss to Indy.

However, I think you'd have to go with Peppers. Just because edge rusher is a position we MAY have failed to address properly. Urlacher is a no-brainer. I guess Kruetz, if it's a prime Kruetz. Although, we have yet to see Daniels.

I like our CB's... Peanut used to be my favorite player, but I think those other three provide a bigger boost.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Urlacher
Tillman
3rd one I'd go Gould or Peppers.
Richie
MVP

bearsfaninaz wrote:Urlacher
Tillman
It does feel wrong that Robbie is still going strong and finishing his career anywhere besides Chicago.

However, if you look back at the circumstances. It was hard to justify keeping him on at the time. Very rough finish to 2015. Downright pathetic in the 2016 pre-season. I get it...
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Moriarty wrote:I don't understand. Is your 3rd player Kreutz or Peppers?
Peppers for this team currently... Just mentioned the top 3 as my favs.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Richie wrote:
Tillman
It does feel wrong that Robbie is still going strong and finishing his career anywhere besides Chicago.

However, if you look back at the circumstances. It was hard to justify keeping him on at the time. Very rough finish to 2015. Downright pathetic in the 2016 pre-season. I get it...
I agree with him getting cut. I was just trying to think who would make most impact him or Peppers as Gould would be clutch in his prime.
Richie
MVP

bearsfaninaz wrote:
Richie wrote:
Tillman

I agree with him getting cut. I was just trying to think who would make most impact him or Peppers as Gould would be clutch in his prime.
Oh, I feel you. It's just the off-season and I'm bored. So reminiscing takes the place of actually saying something productive. lol
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Ahhhh 2010, the year we drafted J'Marcus Webb.

I hope someone says Jay Cutler. I would love to read the ensuing posts in this thread after that. :)

My picks:

1) Julius Peppers - This has to be a no brainer even though he only had 8 sacks that year.
2) Brian Ulracher - In 2010 he had a good year despite being towards the end of his career. Its also a HOF MLB to mentor Roquan.
3) Charles Tillman - HOF CB. I couldn't bench Prince fast enough for Tillman the turnover machine. Tillman is also an amazing human being.
Umbali
MVP

Urlacher and Tillman are no brainers for me. I can see Peppers or Kreutz as well. I am awfully tempted to say Hester, however with the way the league is changing rules maybe not. Briggs would be awesome as well.

I guess its

1 Urlacher
2 Tillman
3 Kreutz ( that would put Cody back at G which I like and Kreutz brings the nasty
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Umbali wrote:Urlacher and Tillman are no brainers for me. I can see Peppers or Kreutz as well. I am awfully tempted to say Hester, however with the way the league is changing rules maybe not. Briggs would be awesome as well.

I guess its

1 Urlacher
2 Tillman
3 Kreutz ( that would put Cody back at G which I like and Kreutz brings the nasty
Man Kreutz in the middle book ended with Long and our new C/G Daniels would be a nasty interior. Only reason I didn't pick Kruetz for this particular team is because of Daniels. He's sort of out of the same mold as Kruetz as far as nasty from what I've read and I think at some point he might be the starting C and Whitehair will move to G. I do miss Kruetzs' play on the field though he was fun to watch.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Richie wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
Richie wrote:
Tillman

Oh, I feel you. It's just the off-season and I'm bored. So reminiscing takes the place of actually saying something productive. lol
LOL yeah and muscle relaxers help get even more nostalgic... There hasn't been any news in a couple weeks now just regurgitated information and click bait.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Urlacher
Tillman
Peppers

I love Kreutz but in 2009-2010 he was already regressing - a lot. That season Peppers was better than his 8 sacks indicated, Tillman was ungodly good, and Urlacher was, well, Urlacher.
Richie
MVP

Sugashane wrote:Urlacher
Tillman
Peppers

I love Kreutz but in 2009-2010 he was already regressing - a lot. That season Peppers was better than his 8 sacks indicated, Tillman was ungodly good, and Urlacher was, well, Urlacher.
Peppers was undoubtedly a force for us - up until 2013.

He's still playing very good football going on 39 as well. Helluva career.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Richie wrote:
Tillman
Peppers

Peppers was undoubtedly a force for us - up until 2013.

He's still playing very good football going on 39 as well. Helluva career.
Absolutely agreed. He had hot/colds streaks until he just was cashing checks, but those were often due to getting chip blocked and then double teamed or rollouts away from him repeatedly, etc. He was so productive even the likes of Wooten was able to get 8 sacks opposite of him. Harris was a shell of his former self due to injuries. Adams has the same passrush capabilities as most punters, etc. Melton was the one guy who really took advantage of being on the DL with Pep. We take Peppers and put him opposite of Floyd, I think he hits 14 sacks and Floyd gets 10+ (provided he doesn't drop into coverage constantly).

Peppers was a damn monster, wish he could have kept his head straight/motor hot and finished his career here. He is a first ballet HOFer IMO.
Funkster
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:Ahhhh 2010, the year we drafted J'Marcus Webb.

I hope someone says Jay Cutler. I would love to read the ensuing posts in this thread after that. :)

My picks:

1) Julius Peppers - This has to be a no brainer even though he only had 8 sacks that year.
2) Brian Ulracher - In 2010 he had a good year despite being towards the end of his career. Its also a HOF MLB to mentor Roquan.
3) Charles Tillman - HOF CB. I couldn't bench Prince fast enough for Tillman the turnover machine. Tillman is also an amazing human being.

Agreed!

Urlacher
Tillman
Peppers

I don’t think anyone will say Cutler, but that dime to Olsen was a thing of beauty!

There could also be an argument for Olsen, hindsight is king!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Funkster wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:Ahhhh 2010, the year we drafted J'Marcus Webb.

My picks:

Agreed!

Urlacher
Tillman
Peppers

I don’t think anyone will say Cutler, but that dime to Olsen was a thing of beauty!

There could also be an argument for Olsen, hindsight is king!
If we are taking them for their age at the time and they continue to grow/decline from 2010 on, I would pick Olsen over Urlacher. I know that sounds asinine at first, but Urlacher had 3 years counting 2010 in the league, Olsen became one of the best in the game and is still is playing. I'd let him be a WR. Can you imagine the mismatches with Shaheen (hand down), Burton and Olsen (slots) and Robinson on the outside? You have mismatches either in the run or passgame every down, or if they squat on the WRs then you sub Cohen for Burton to stretch the field vertically. Or even taking Sheheen out to let Cohen line up opposite of Robinson while the two TEs roam the middle. That just has nasty potential.

Tillman would still likely get the nod over Forte. Forte had a great career from 2010 on but really we have Howard and Cohen, so unless Cohen moved to WR fulltime I really wouldn't need Forte. Tillman was a turnover machine, and that is something we need badly on our team.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

That's an excellent point. If we are taking these players from 2010 on then Urlacher shouldn't be on the list.

Peppers was still a force after 2010 so I would keep that choice.

Tillman had a couple good years afterwards, but then the injury bug kept at him until retirement. He's still a significant upgrade over Prince.

Then it's either Olsen or Gould. I can see valid arguments for either one.
Funkster
MVP

The Bears current DB’s are good, VERY underrated. Tillman would only be an upgrade due to his ability to force fumbles. I love me some Tillman but the more I think about it and how poor the kicking game has been, I might go Gould over Tillman. But that’s without seeing what the current offense can do, this would be a tough decision!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Richie
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:That's an excellent point. If we are taking these players from 2010 on then Urlacher shouldn't be on the list.

Peppers was still a force after 2010 so I would keep that choice.

Tillman had a couple good years afterwards, but then the injury bug kept at him until retirement. He's still a significant upgrade over Prince.

Then it's either Olsen or Gould. I can see valid arguments for either one.
Urlacher was still a force in 10 and 11 (especially 10). It wasn't until 2012 when he suffered a bit of a drop-off.
G08
Hall of Famer

Tillman
Peppers

This. :toast:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS