Leonard Floyd injures finger, may miss week 1

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Waiting for confirmation, but Leonard Floyd left tonight's preseason game prematurely.
UOK
Site Admin

Update - pointer finger may be bruised/broken. Wrapped up on sideline.
Umbali
MVP

Ronnie Lott it!
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Umbali wrote:Ronnie Lott it!
Just wrap it up like a club and go.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Man I know this is only preseason but I remember Dan Hampton dislocating his finger ran to the sideline, had them reset it on camera FFS and was back in the game. If Floyd is out for a while they seriously need to consider bringing Mack in here... We can easily get him to come to Chicago instead of GB just because it's Chicago and not GB. What is there to do in GB other than shoot stop signs and date your sister? Wait I meant "Whoa" signs... Last time I was near GB they actually had Whoa signs... That's when I went to every GB bar I could find and played the Bears theme song 10 times on the jukebox and left. Was so funny...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
wab
Mod

Mack isn't coming here guys, and Floyd is going to be fine.
Bad Flanders
MVP

If Mack actually gets traded, whoever gets him will be giving up a TON to the Raiders AND Mack. The Bears might be in a spot to seriously consider it but I'd rather ride this year out and do the Pace thing of reasonable free agents along with a draft pick (or even two) at that position. Vic has had success finding pass rushing talent at less than premium prices before. Pace can find talent (if not health and consistency). No real reason to jeopardize the team's future.
Nanky
Journeyman

If I were Pace, I'd look at getting Dante Fowler for cheap, I don't think they want him and he's a bit of a head case, but he's still really young and has tons of potential. To me he's a stud up and coming OLB . . . . and I think a change of scenery would do him good.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Knuckles wrote:Man I know this is only preseason but I remember Dan Hampton dislocating his finger ran to the sideline, had them reset it on camera FFS and was back in the game. If Floyd is out for a while they seriously need to consider bringing Mack in here... We can easily get him to come to Chicago instead of GB just because it's Chicago and not GB. What is there to do in GB other than shoot stop signs and date your sister? Wait I meant "Whoa" signs... Last time I was near GB they actually had Whoa signs... That's when I went to every GB bar I could find and played the Bears theme song 10 times on the jukebox and left. Was so funny...
It is not about what to do in GB, it is what is there. Aaron Rodgers. He alone can bring in some top players. With Rodgers you are a contender. Bears not so much at this time.
UOK
Site Admin

@danwiederer
Bad news from Halas Hall: Bears OLB Leonard Floyd has a fracture in his right hand -- both index and middle finger.

@danwiederer
Matt Nagy said the Bears are still hopeful to have Floyd ready for Week 1. But in that best-case scenario, he'd have to wear some sort of cast/club. Yet another injury setback for the team's best edge rusher.

@danwiederer
14m
Leonard Floyd had surgery Sunday on his fractured right hand. As we all know, that's probably the one position on the Bears' roster where the depth is already worrisome.
WagonForce
MVP

UOK wrote:@danwiederer
Bad news from Halas Hall: Bears OLB Leonard Floyd has a fracture in his right hand -- both index and middle finger.

@danwiederer
Matt Nagy said the Bears are still hopeful to have Floyd ready for Week 1. But in that best-case scenario, he'd have to wear some sort of cast/club. Yet another injury setback for the team's best edge rusher.

@danwiederer
14m
Leonard Floyd had surgery Sunday on his fractured right hand. As we all know, that's probably the one position on the Bears' roster where the depth is already worrisome.
Ugh.
G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

docc
Head Coach

Club hand time..AT BEST. At least he didn't blow off several in fireworks crap..
UOK
Site Admin

David J. Chao, MD
@ProFootballDoc
Shrug. (Not trying to be insensitive)
Happens all the time. More than fans think.
No question #LeonardFloyd will be ready to play with protection for @ChicagoBears Week 1 game.
wab
Mod

It sucks, but it doesn't really seem to be a big deal. Not like when Urlacher almost lost his hand.
Funkster
MVP

UOK wrote:David J. Chao, MD
@ProFootballDoc
Shrug. (Not trying to be insensitive)
Happens all the time. More than fans think.
No question #LeonardFloyd will be ready to play with protection for @ChicagoBears Week 1 game.

Understandable, but it also seems to happen (injuries) to Floyd every year. I’m beginning to question his durability.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

so Floyd had a bit more than a dislocated finger ... a surgically repaired hand may have him out for a bit so now would be a good time for one of the second tier guys to make a big step up
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
EricTighe
MVP

I also believe that Mack isn't going anywhere. But for people to say it is to much to go get him is absurd. What is to much for a 27 year old OLB who has already won Defensive player of the year. A couple one's and a three for a guy that is gonna run 18+ mill a year. Have a guy who will be up for Defensive player of the year for the next 5 to 6 years, I am all in. Can't believe Chucky hasn't even talked to the man yet.

By the way don't even get me started on what I would give up for Donald.
Bad Flanders
MVP

EricTighe wrote:I also believe that Mack isn't going anywhere. But for people to say it is to much to go get him is absurd. What is to much for a 27 year old OLB who has already won Defensive player of the year. A couple one's and a three for a guy that is gonna run 18+ mill a year. Have a guy who will be up for Defensive player of the year for the next 5 to 6 years, I am all in. Can't believe Chucky hasn't even talked to the man yet.

By the way don't even get me started on what I would give up for Donald.
Good argument if the price is a Cutler deal. I'd make that deal.

I think (IF IT HAPPENED) it's more like a Hershel Walker deal for the DPOY. I think it would be a bidding war of teams that want him, three years of firsts at least I bet.

I've been wrong as much as right in my life, so I'm not sure, just what I think.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If the Rams can get three first round picks for Donald they should trade him right now provided it isn't a team that picks in the high 20s every year.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Here we go again, the injury bug. The dude hasn't done much so far in his career so really can't say if it is a big loss or not, he hasn't played enough. There is a lack of depth. Dude was looking skinny as hell.
G08
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Here we go again, the injury bug. The dude hasn't done much so far in his career so really can't say if it is a big loss or not, he hasn't played enough. There is a lack of depth. Dude was looking skinny as hell.
I thought he looked thicker man (not saying much since I doubt he's more than 245 lbs).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bad Flanders
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:If the Rams can get three first round picks for Donald they should trade him right now provided it isn't a team that picks in the high 20s every year.
Yeah, I was saying I think that's Mack's value, not Donald's.

I should say, the market value, I don't think any one player is worth that... too much potential in those draft picks.
EricTighe
MVP

Bad Flanders wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:If the Rams can get three first round picks for Donald they should trade him right now provided it isn't a team that picks in the high 20s every year.

I should say, the market value, I don't think any one player is worth that... too much potential in those draft picks.
There are 32 1st round picks every year. How many have won a Defensive MVP one year? Finished second another year? Donald is on his way to the Hall as a first ballot Hall of Famer. How many of those first round draft picks in the next three years will be joining him one day? He has also won Rookie of the year and gone to 4 straight Pro Bowls in 4 years.

With Donald I am a bit biased since I thought he was the best player in his draft class when he came out. Was pissed when the Rams grabbed him right before us. But according to reports the Bears had Fuller as there top choice and got there guy.

If you can get a once in a decade player at there position you grab them.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bad Flanders wrote:

Agreed. If we had either Mack or Donald and somebody calls up offering three first round picks that is a done deal.

With the exception of a franchise QB I don't think football is like basketball where if you have LeBron you're pretty much going to the Finals.
Bearfacts
MVP

Knuckles wrote:Man I know this is only preseason but I remember Dan Hampton dislocating his finger ran to the sideline, had them reset it on camera FFS and was back in the game. If Floyd is out for a while they seriously need to consider bringing Mack in here... We can easily get him to come to Chicago instead of GB just because it's Chicago and not GB. What is there to do in GB other than shoot stop signs and date your sister? Wait I meant "Whoa" signs... Last time I was near GB they actually had Whoa signs... That's when I went to every GB bar I could find and played the Bears theme song 10 times on the jukebox and left. Was so funny...
You left out bowling and snowmobiling. ;)

Not that it'll help much but top draft picks who can't seem to either get on the field or stay on the field is getting old really fast. Gotta stop treating them like they're made of porcelain and have 'em play through the hurts.