Bears Jerseys to Lions Game

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Monty
Rookie

Question: Will we get hassled for wearing a Bears Jersey to the Lions game on Thanksgiving day? Coming from Toronto for the game with 8 well-mannered Canadian Bears fans who are planning to tailgate and watch the game from the cheap seats and then head to Chelli's for the 4:30 game. I suspect that there will be a ton of travelling Bears fans for that game so strength in numbers?
UOK
Site Admin

Hey Monty. I'd wager not, but it's all about the Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated.

Be laid back, friendly, and don't get too drunk, and all will be well.

Be drunk, confrontational, and aggressive, and you'll be in for a really bad time.
Monty
Rookie

Thanks, Agree 100%. Just trying to gauge the likelihood of getting hassled despite our good behaviour.
No matter how pleasant we were, I suspect for example that we'd be in for a bunch of hassle in Philly.
We're bringing the wives which is upping my concern.
UOK
Site Admin

Monty wrote:Thanks, Agree 100%. Just trying to gauge the likelihood of getting hassled despite our good behaviour.
No matter how pleasant we were, I suspect for example that we'd be in for a bunch of hassle in Philly.
We're bringing the wives which is upping my concern.

Ha, well Philly is a different kettle of fish. I'd say Philly, Oakland, and Buffalo are major places to avoid tailgating, but Detroit's a good-natured place that I haven't heard has a bad rep.
wab
Mod

My experience has been that divisional games are largely friendly (at least goodnatured) and games against opponents outside of the division/conference are a little more testy in the stands.

You would think it would be the opposite... so it's weird.
Monty
Rookie

Am I safe to assume that there will be a big Bears contingent at the game?
If anyone is going to tailgate maybe you can let me know where you're going.