Chicagobears.com... WTH???

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Apparently, they have a new site. And after playing around with it for about 5 minutes, here's what I've found out so far.

1. It doesn't work in Edge. Does work in IE. Haven't tried other browsers.
2. Going to the schedule on there, it doesn't list preseason games. Had to go elsewhere to get the kickoff time for this week's game.

Nice. :shock:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I've always wondered why they can't do better with the official website.

It's always been like it was put together by a highschool IT class right before summer break.

Seems like you'd be able to find someone capable of putting together something decent. I mean there are sites like this one being run purely through love and dedication. And they can't find ANYONE to do the same thing except get paid for it?!?!?
LacertineForest
MVP

Mikefive wrote:Apparently, they have a new site. And after playing around with it for about 5 minutes, here's what I've found out so far.

2. Going to the schedule on there, it doesn't list preseason games. Had to go elsewhere to get the kickoff time for this week's game.

Works fine for me in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome (Desktop - didn't try anything on mobile). What "didn't work" about it for you?

Preseason schedule is there, but it's (very confusingly) AFTER the regular season schedule. Seems like it should list the games in order by default.

BTW, agreed with the sentiments that they should be able to put together something more engaging for fans and with a bit more polish.
WP.1
Player of the Month

Its the exact same layout by NFLcom.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

BearButtseks wrote:
Mikefive wrote:Apparently, they have a new site. And after playing around with it for about 5 minutes, here's what I've found out so far.

Works fine for me in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome (Desktop - didn't try anything on mobile). What "didn't work" about it for you?

Preseason schedule is there, but it's (very confusingly) AFTER the regular season schedule. Seems like it should list the games in order by default.

BTW, agreed with the sentiments that they should be able to put together something more engaging for fans and with a bit more polish.
Interesting. In my Edge, the whole schedule was overlayed on top of itself and unreadable. I didn't go to the bottom to look for the preseason games in IE. Why would I do that? lol
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Yeah, they changed it about a month or two ago.

It blows. Definitely a step backwards.

(And the NFL site continues to suck, too. Terrible functionality with the stats. I've been sending them emails for years, about how their 'system' involves players completely disappearing (not being accessible in the Active Players or Historical Players sections for weeks at a time))
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

WP.1 wrote:Its the exact same layout by NFLcom.

This. I noticed it immediately too. I wonder if they're going to try and streamline/bring them all in line.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

The NFL all uses the same templates but man that site is terrible you can do the exact thing with a GoDaddy template which in all honesty looks like what they did lol. There's no branding like colors or background pict other than the banner at the top. It doesn't look like a professional did it. I'm surprised it even works in Cliqz LOL...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”