Free Agency/Waiver question

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Something to consider, with FAAB turned on, will we be able to have a no holds barred free agency period after the draft? Are we going to deactivate FAAB for a short period after the draft until it gets turned back on for the waiver period?
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

In other leagues we run with two separate budgets. On after the draft up to the start of the season. Then the budget resets for the rest of the regular season free agency.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Great question. I would look at it as the initial free agent frenzy is still part of the draft since people have spots to fill, etc. Then shortly after that the FAAB would be turned on and be the way thereafter.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
BBF
Player of the Month

Looks like I cant change it anymore.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

BBF wrote:Looks like I cant change it anymore.
Then I suggest that we all agree to $0.00 bids for that first 24 hour period after the draft and just let first come be first served.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
BBF
Player of the Month

Isn't the FAAB only for guys on waivers? Because people have picked up some of their own draft picks so far and everyone is still at $100. No one will be on waivers after the draft concludes here.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

FAAB is for anyone not on a roster. Free agents and guys put on waivers during the season.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

BBF wrote:Isn't the FAAB only for guys on waivers? Because people have picked up some of their own draft picks so far and everyone is still at $100. No one will be on waivers after the draft concludes here.

I'm just not sure when FAAB will kick in. The week of the first game for sure...but maybe at some time before that?
BBF
Player of the Month

I think it currently applies to all players going through waivers, but you can pick up FAs for free. All players go on waivers after each week's games.