IR Question

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

So doing fantasy for many years but have never done an IR spot.

I assume that this spot is only for those listed as IR or O (not a draft and stash) which then frees up a roster spot for a replacement, but once the player comes back a player has to be dropped or moved to IR if eligible. Am I right or at least close?
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Yeah OUT or on IR. I have Mathews on it right now. Sometimes you can keep a player on IR indefinitely, but will not be able to make any roster moves while doing so. Last year I was prompted to make a roster change when the player no longer carried an "out" designation. So we'll see what happens as we go.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

On MFL IR is strictly IR. In other words, the NFL team must declare a player to be on IR (and out for the season) for you to put a player in the IR spot. Simply "out" won't work. But not sure about ESPN...
BBF
Player of the Month

On ESPN any player that has the "O" or "IR" tag on their name can go on it. However, if that tag goes away while you still have them in your IR slot it won't let you make any roster moves until you've dropped someone and taken that guy out of your IR slot.
karhu
Head Coach

Follow-up question: is there a special designation for players like AJ McCarron, who's so worthless he can't even break his collarbone when I need him to?

Further follow-up: anyone want to trade for AJ McCarron? Rats.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Perfect. Thanks everyone.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
thunderspirit
Head Coach

karhu wrote:Follow-up question: is there a special designation for players like AJ McCarron, who's so worthless he can't even break his collarbone when I need him to?

Further follow-up: anyone want to trade for AJ McCarron? Rats.
I suggest calling the Buffalo Bil— oh, wait.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Bigwill
Practice Squad

The Kaiser wrote:On MFL IR is strictly IR. In other words, the NFL team must declare a player to be on IR (and out for the season) for you to put a player in the IR spot. Simply "out" won't work. But not sure about ESPN...
MFL IR is customizable. I am in 2 leagues on MFL where an ‘out’ designation is designatable.

On ESPN, ‘D’ (doubtful) is the default qualification. But commissioners can set the qualifications stiffer (O or IR).