Looking for a Fantasy Football Czar, if you know your shit

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

I feel like Fantasy Football is basically the beating heart of the NFL, and this little fantasy section could prove very awesome if given the proper love.

However, during the season I'm busy enough as it is keeping all the news and stuff in order with the regular site, twitter, and the blog. What I'm looking for is a member who is willing to be the go-to Czar for all of the fantasy and pick'em leagues, and moderate that forum in particular.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

While I know my fantasy record here doesn't reflect it (that is do to neglect)....I actually used to get paid to write Fantasy articles and even hosted my own fantasy resource site for a few years.......still really keep up with it (unlike my yahoo teams).

In the leagues I pay attention to I make the playoffs every year and generally win at least half of them. I would be more then willing to start posting a weekly "Pine or Shine" which is a weekly stud or dude article I used to post.

I could also post a weekly list every Monday of the hottest wavier-wire pick-ups based on injuries or such that accrued Sunday.
IE
Hall of Famer

I think it sounds like a job for DaDoc.

lol
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

If you're up for it DD, articles and such are totally at your discretion, but I'm going to make this an annual position to keep things fresh. If you want to do it for 2012, the more you do to cement yourself as the Czar the more likely you'll win the position in '13. The main thing over everything else is creating and managing at least 1-2 fantasy leagues and a pick'em. If you would prefer to have other members create/manage them or similar fantasy games, that's fine, but it's still your responsibility for you to work w/ them on problems or answering people's questions.

I'm not going to monitor it or anything, so this fantasy section and those games are on you. You'll have mod access exclusively to the fantasy section, and I'll put links to the fantasy/etc leagues on both our blog, homepage, and perhaps forum banner once we get rolling.

If you're definitely wanting the job, it's yours.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Hey, I'm more then willing to help out.

That said, if someone else really wants it - they are more then welcome to it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes.
UOK
Site Admin

You're the top of the list so far, but if anyone else wants to throw their name in the hat, I'll be willing to listen. I'll keep the thread open until June and then name the Czar at that time.
IE
Hall of Famer

Just joking on the DaDoc thing - although I'm sure he'd be good too. But from what I've seen DaDitka would be best for it. Road likes running leagues too - but I doubt he'd want to moderate a FF forum, which is I think what you want UOK.
UOK
Site Admin

IE wrote:Just joking on the DaDoc thing - although I'm sure he'd be good too. But from what I've seen DaDitka would be best for it. Road likes running leagues too - but I doubt he'd want to moderate a FF forum, which is I think what you want UOK.
Moderating the forum is one thing, but it's also basically being responsible for cultivating it. Answering fantasy questions, generating topics, posting interesting links, etc, while simultaneously overseeing shepherding members into leagues and staying on top of them.
IE
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
IE wrote:Just joking on the DaDoc thing - although I'm sure he'd be good too. But from what I've seen DaDitka would be best for it. Road likes running leagues too - but I doubt he'd want to moderate a FF forum, which is I think what you want UOK.
Moderating the forum is one thing, but it's also basically being responsible for cultivating it. Answering fantasy questions, generating topics, posting interesting links, etc, while simultaneously overseeing shepherding members into leagues and staying on top of them.
yep - that's actually what I meant... just not what I said! :ashamed: