Completely Hypothetical Question

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

FaithInCutler
MVP

I'm posting this in the fantasy part of the board because I don't want anyone to take this question to seriously. It was a completely hypothetical conversation that a friend and I were having yesterday about Julio Jones and the impact it had on Atlanta. We were discussing what they would do and I brought up them trading for a WR if they had any real shot of competing this year. That of course led into What Brandon Marshals worth would be.

I in no shape or form want to trade him, nor do I think we would. BUT.. If we were, do you think his value would be worth a first round pick to a team like ATL. I said a 2nd would be fair and he said he would not accept anything less than a 1st.

We both agreed for the sake of argument that we were in fact "re-building"..

Do you think that this offense could be good enough to move Alshon to a #1?? And If so, would Brandon Marshal be more of a value to trade sooner than later? Assuming we are actually going to use Wilson and/or Joe Anderson at some point. Have we built equity at the WR spot?? BTW, we both know that there is no way this would ever happen. But, if it did. Would you be for it or against it? Turning a 3rd into a 1st while getting 2 years out of a player in their prime is never a bad move IMO.
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Let me start off saying that B is my favorite Bear right now.....but considering his pending FA status after next year and his possible contract demands, I don't think it's unreasonable to 'discuss' the possibility of a Bears receiving core that does not include him (I doubt this becomes a reality, but it is a possibility)

I see Jay and Marshall as a package deal....either they both take under market deals to stay here together or they both walk (I think they stay).

But if for whatever reason the team decided to go another direction at QB after this season, then I would definitely trade Marsahall and I think you could easily get a first round pick (the Colts just traded a first for a mediocre RB).

Again...I don't see Marshall going any where and I don't want to see him go anywhere.

But yes, I do believe Jeffery is capable of developing into a #1 WR even though he lacks true speed. However, I do not believe there is anyone else on this roster who will ever be a competent #2. If for some reason we were to ever not have Marshall, we'd have to add a top two WR either via FA or the Draft.
FaithInCutler
MVP

Another point that I brought up was the fact that there is no denying that some of Alshons success comes from Brandon being on the field.

The only reason I would consider trading B would be if as you said. Jay was not part of the picture in the future. I think Jay could operate without B but, to separate them again, I don't see Brandon being anything but a cancer to the team.

I think I just realized that if Jay doesn't work out we have to trade Marshall...
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler