Fantasy Q:

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

VA_Mountain_Bear

I have a league I am in which is dynasty and auction draft. I have to make a choice about 3 different players---which one will I keep. In our league a player may only be designated as your keeper for a single year. The cost of that player is the auction price they went for last year plus 20%, with a minimum of $12 for any keeper.
Here are my choices at the value I would have to pay to keep them. This is out of a $200 salary cap.

1. Matt Forte for $46---he is my current fav to keep as I believe he will be a top 5 RB this year, possibly top 3---but the price is high. However, it will still be less than his average auction value on espn fantasy.
2. Alshon jeffry for $12----will be a definite value versus his average price, but a top WR is easier to replace than RB (but my Alshon love is strong)
3. Montee Ball for $12---typically Peyton's RBs are a solid fantasy bet.

Who would ya'll take and why?
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Boy, I don't know if I would want to put 23% of my cap into one player (especially depending on how many players make up a roster.)

I'd lean Jeffery.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
VA_Mountain_Bear

RING4CHI wrote:Boy, I don't know if I would want to put 23% of my cap into one player (especially depending on how many players make up a roster.)

I'd lean Jeffery.
Yeah I worry about that also. He cost me only $36 last year, but paid off big time.
I know Forte will be a fantasy monster this year also, but so much invested in one spot if an injury comes is the fear.
And I love me some Jeffry.

Christ guys, remember when our most viable fantasy option for Bears Homers was D/ST? HA! those days are in the dust.
FaithInCutler
MVP

You can't keep Forte at that price. You could let him go back into the pool and re-sign him for less IMO. I say you have to keep Alshon at $12 as well.
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler