i need keeper advice

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i'll try and keep this short.

i've got cobb and alfred morris losing a 9th and 11th round pick (standard scoring league, 15 rounds, no kickers).
i've got to pick a third. either brees with my first round pick, or muscle hamster with my second.

a few details:
-i pick third in a snake draft, so it's brees at the start of the first round, or doug martin at the end of the second.
-there's a really good chance brees is there for me at the start of the first round. MAYBE.
-charles sims just got hurt and is out atleast half the season, so all the hand wringing about him stealing martin's snaps are for naught.

so, it looks like i'm making a case for you guys to tell me martin, BUT

we spent nine years rooting for skill players to succeed behind lovie smith offensive lines. we got through it, we're survivors, A BAND OF BROTHERS. do i risk once again subjecting myself to the hell that is "the offensive line just needs to execute better."

i have 2 days to decide.
FaithInCutler
MVP

I would not trust Martin. He's too hit or miss anyway. He blows up, then disappears.
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

When you consider who everyone else is keeping, do you think Martin would even be on the board with your second round pick if you don't keep him?

If not, then keep him an cross your fingers for Brees in the first.

FWIW...everyone has seen Brees' splits. He's terrible on the road and in week 15 ... the first week of playoffs in most fantasy leagues...he's playing on the road, outdoors at Soldier field, at night, in mid December.....just throwing that out there.
dadoc
MVP

I would keep Martin. Bree's may or may not be available later but you can still get an Alex Smith, Luck or Stafford.
IE
Hall of Famer

Keep Brees and drop the name Rusty Trombone. It makes me want to vomit every time I see it. No offense - cool guy with a bad name. Same with that barebuttsex guy... wtf.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!