2021 MOTML Rookie/FA Draft

For you fantasy football weirdos and degenerate gamblers

Moderator: wab

PSUmtj112
Practice Squad

Urlacher selects Jaret Patterson RB WFT.
wance1
Rookie

Sorry about these misses selections. I'll take Sammy Watkins WR/BAL with my 4th rounder (The Underdogs)
dplank
Hall of Famer

i went in to queue up my free agent backup K and backup Defense, and it actually added it to my team. So I just waived him and will retry when the last pick has been made. sorry bout that, thought it would sit in queue until the draft was done.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Crusaders select Davis Mills QB Houston
No way Tyrod Taylor makes it through the season right
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

dplank wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:01 pm i went in to queue up my free agent backup K and backup Defense, and it actually added it to my team. So I just waived him and will retry when the last pick has been made. sorry bout that, thought it would sit in queue until the draft was done.
Best to wait until the exact minute we’re allowed to pick up FAs. Everything gets dropped until exactly the correct time lol
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
IE
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:47 pm
dplank wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:01 pm i went in to queue up my free agent backup K and backup Defense, and it actually added it to my team. So I just waived him and will retry when the last pick has been made. sorry bout that, thought it would sit in queue until the draft was done.
Best to wait until the exact minute we’re allowed to pick up FAs. Everything gets dropped until exactly the correct time lol
I know you guys have done this for a while, but the free-for-all FA scramble is sort of weird. Why not just do an on-site draft and give people 5 minutes to make their pick in a more orderly fashion?
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
BBF
Player of the Month

It's been done like this for over a decade, which yes, is not a reason specifically to keep doing it, I understand.

But it's simply that it's the 289th-320th players in the pool. We already have enough trouble getting people to make their 4th round picks, let alone their hypothetical 5th and 6th round picks.

A few managers will be picking up guys that instant, but probably less than half, and only a player or 2 will actually be of interest to multiple teams.

It is almost completely inconsequential, sometimes you get someone who turns out to be a gem over another guy who was a minute later but that is very rare.

So really it's just kept this way to keep it easiest.
IE
Hall of Famer

BBF wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:06 pm It's been done like this for over a decade, which yes, is not a reason specifically to keep doing it, I understand.

But it's simply that it's the 289th-320th players in the pool. We already have enough trouble getting people to make their 4th round picks, let alone their hypothetical 5th and 6th round picks.

A few managers will be picking up guys that instant, but probably less than half, and only a player or 2 will actually be of interest to multiple teams.

It is almost completely inconsequential, sometimes you get someone who turns out to be a gem over another guy who was a minute later but that is very rare.

So really it's just kept this way to keep it easiest.
Understood. It is just a slightly different perspective from someone who is in a complete rebuild. I'd still like to replace 6-7 of my players even after the draft (it was that bad). So the prospect of clicking on an "add player" a fraction of a second behind 6-7 people in a row and getting none of the FAs I'm hoping to land would be a bummer.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Well the good thing is in season we have the FAAB for waivers, which I think is the only balanced way to do it in season.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
DevilsProspect
Pro Bowler

Prospects select Rodney Adams of the Bears
AC 46Blitz
BBF
Player of the Month

The Shufflin' Crew Selects: Brevin Jordan, TE Houston

This concludes the Rookie/FA Draft.

Please check your teams to make sure I have added all the players you selected in the draft to your team. Let me know if I missed someone or added him to the wrong team.

This Sunday August 29th at 9:00 PM Chicago time you may begin to pick up any free agents on the ESPN site and all future transactions will be done there.

Thanks!
BBF
dplank
Hall of Famer

Sounds good good luck everyone. I’m stoked to have Fields lead my rebuild! Interesting league I’ve never done a whole team keeper before
IE
Hall of Famer

DevilsProspect wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:55 pm Prospects select Rodney Adams of the Bears
Sweet pick. That kid has "it"... he's got a little Randy Moss in him.
IE
Hall of Famer

nevermind
dplank
Hall of Famer

When can i put Dobbins on IR and grab another player? hahahaha my team is a shit show.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

dplank wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:36 am When can i put Dobbins on IR and grab another player? hahahaha my team is a shit show.
You should be able to anytime as long as you don’t have anyone else in the IR spot
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers