View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:18 pm 
Mod

Funkster wrote:
I know a lot of people were opposed with him coming to the Bears but I feel he would have been the sure piece needed to take this offense to the next level. I also thought there was enough personal relationships in Halas hall to persuade him. I guess Dorsey had a better recruitment spiel. Ohh well, on to the next one!

I think the Browns were the quickest to the table with an offer. The other teams that were interested were still doing due diligence. I'm assuming he wanted to get on a team before the rush of the offseason began.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm 
Head Coach

There is always 2020. This guy was looking for a sure thing and he got it from the Browns. I think the connections to the Bears was overplayed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:27 pm 
MVP

wab wrote:
Funkster wrote:
I know a lot of people were opposed with him coming to the Bears but I feel he would have been the sure piece needed to take this offense to the next level. I also thought there was enough personal relationships in Halas hall to persuade him. I guess Dorsey had a better recruitment spiel. Ohh well, on to the next one!

I think the Browns were the quickest to the table with an offer. The other teams that were interested were still doing due diligence. I'm assuming he wanted to get on a team before the rush of the offseason began.

Agreed. Sounds like the contract is a lot lower than I was expecting at a little over a million. As crazy as this sounds he’s set to make more money this season than if he didn’t get cut. Then have another chance at free agency after the season. I was pro Hunt to the bears but realistically the bears are not in a position to have a lot of cap wrapped up in the running back position. I don’t think Pace will be interested in 2020, my bet is he will be looking in the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:06 pm 
MVP

We have millions upon millions for Sims, Long and Parkey, but we don't have $2M to pay this guy despite his abilities and knowledge of the offense?

We have to draft a RB now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:25 pm 
Head Coach

I don't think the org. was done doing their due diligence. I am glad they just didn't jump in. What does it say he didn't wait for an offer from Nagy? I don't know, but I think most assumed he would be coming here. Bears worried about perception, I don't mind at all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:39 pm 
Head Coach

So?
He is a good running back, he is not a great running back.
This is not Ezekiel Elliott or Melvin Gordon.
I hope hunt does very well with the browns. More so, I hope he does very well in life.
But I refuse to look at this is some kind of missed opportunity. standing here right now, I would have no problem saying that Jordan Howard could be a 1400 yard rusher with this team.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm 
Head Coach

I believe this indicates Bears value Howard and want to use him in a counterpoint to the normal RPO.. Jordan improved his hands..now learn to power with a complementary blocking scheme..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 pm 
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
We have millions upon millions for Sims, Long and Parkey, but we don't have $2M to pay this guy despite his abilities and knowledge of the offense?

We have to draft a RB now.

Unfortunately that’s why the bears don’t have any cap right now. They’re working with about 6 million before cuts and need to do something with Amos and/or Callahan. Hunt would’ve been nice but they also would’ve had to pay up after next season. The best situation is to find a player like Hunt without the price tag.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm 
Head Coach

I believe that his willingness to lie to his team paired with the multiple incidents--however minor--were enough to scare the Bears away. Assuming Biscuit and Nagy and Hunt have relationships as reported, I wholeheartedly believe that Hunt directed his agent to call the Bears before he signed with Cleveland. And we said NO. And I'm not about to criticize them for it.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:48 am 
Head Coach

Too bad..dam Pace..
At worst he could have been a backup kicker..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next