most disappointing team at halfway point

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mine has to be the Jacksonville Jaguars ... I really thought they would be taking the next step up this year and would be a legitimate Super Bowl contender ... instead they can't find their asses with both hands from week to week and look like they'll be lucky to make .500
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Ormazd
MVP

Well, I was hoping the Packers would be 0-8 after Favre left, so that's pretty disappointing.

Seriously, though, I'm most surprised at the 3-5 Chargers.
FranktheTank
Player of the Month

I would go with the Chargers. biggest bunch of underachievers I have seen in a long time....

How many probowlers did they have on that roster?
G08
Hall of Famer

The Vikes man... how much hype did those purple pussies garner? It doesn't hurt that my buddy's a die-hard Queens fan too :razz:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Xee
Site Admin

G08 wrote:The Vikes man... how much hype did those purple pussies garner? It doesn't hurt that my buddy's a die-hard Queens fan too :razz:
I was going to say the same thing. Apparently they thought Purple Jesus was all they needed to own the division. Turns out you need a decent quarterback too.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The fucking Chargers. All fucking 53 of them suck right now. All the way from L.T. down to their fucking lonely kicker.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Beardude
Practice Squad

I've got to go with the chargers. They made the AFC championship game last yr and were many folks pick to win the AFC this yr.

They are palying with zero emotion and heart. Looks like Norv Turner's emotionless ways have caught on in boltland.

Bolts 3-5 right now with Denver after tonight at 5-4 . They better get it together starting Sunday.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

I've got to go with Jacksonville here as well.

I never had much faith in Garrard, but the one two punch of MJD and Taylor figured to remain unstoppable and they've always been solid on D.

Besides, I was always waiting for San Diego to implode. LT has too many miles, Rivers is crap, their line isn't as talented as people think, Gate's has been injury prone, "Lights Out" got 'shut off, and their "D" is very undisciplined.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

DaDitka wrote:Rivers is crap
With the numbers Rivers has put up this year (19 TDs, 6 INTs, 107.8 rating,) if the Chargers had a winning talk Rivers would be in the talks of MVP. He maybe the only bright spot they've had this year. He's on pace to throw 38 TDs. His previous career high for a season was 22. How is that crap?
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

imprint3454 wrote: With the numbers Rivers has put up this year (19 TDs, 6 INTs, 107.8 rating,) if the Chargers had a winning talk Rivers would be in the talks of MVP. He maybe the only bright spot they've had this year. He's on pace to throw 38 TDs. His previous career high for a season was 22. How is that crap?
Totally understand what you saying. I was talking about my feelings coming into the season and why I'm not as disappointed in their record as others.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

DaDitka wrote:
Totally understand what you saying. I was talking about my feelings coming into the season and why I'm not as disappointed in their record as others.
Looking from the aspect you're looking at, they all have been crap. Something in San Diego has to and probably will change. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that a guy who is on pace to throw almost 40 touchdowns would be the starting QB of a team on pace to go 6-10. Then again, if they were to have played defense for a full 60 minutes (Panthers, Saints games) and had calls go the correct way (Broncos game) they would be 6-2 instead of 3-5.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

imprint3454 wrote:It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that a guy who is on pace to throw almost 40 touchdowns would be the starting QB of a team on pace to go 6-10.

Walter Payton was the NFL rushing leader while playing on some pretty crappy Bears teams. Is that really so different from the unfortunate situation Rivers finds himself in?
George Carlin
Beardude
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:

Walter Payton was the NFL rushing leader while playing on some pretty crappy Bears teams. Is that really so different from the unfortunate situation Rivers finds himself in?
Yes it's different IMO. You had about 8 Chargers make the pro bowl last season and there is no comparison between the Chargers talent on offense and the talent on the BEARS O the first 5-7 yrs with Walter. The Chargers have a talented O.

Chargers problems are on Defense and that is why Rivera was promoted to DC. Cotrell was playing a soft non attack D and it was killing the Chargers. Now Rivera is going to turn them loose and attack. When I say attack I mean you'll see a lot more blitzing from the linebackers. Not the vanilla stuff with just the front 3 rushing the qb.
Rivera will take advantage of the speed the Chargers have on defense. It may cost him and the Chargers from time to time but the results over all should improve.

Would not surprise me if Chargers still ended up with 9-10 wins.
wab
Mod

I'll throw my hat in with the Chargers... they have been horrid...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I'll throw my hat in with the Chargers... they have been horrid...
they have been Norv'ed ... why retread failures continually get head coaching jobs to f*ck up yet another team is beyond my comprehension

Ja-moron in Buffalo is about to get a contract extension ... which means the surprising over-achieving Bills of 2008 will be 4-12 in 2009
George Carlin