Matt Patricia on hotseat for 1996 incident

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

There is no hope of ever knowing actually what happened, case was dropped, case files were destroyed and the prosecutor can't even remember the case itself. Was it a drunken spring break three way with later regrets or sexual assault?

The prosecutor can't remember it, the woman didn't want to testify, the defending attorney claims she recanted her story, who's telling the truth?

I know in today's day and age we all know more about how hard it is for victims to come forward. I just fear the media is using that just to get clicks and sell papers by pulling at the hearts and minds of the public.

The other concerning part is that it wasn't the victim coming forward now years later, gaining the courage to do what she couldn't before. No she is nowhere to be found to date. It's just the media finding a dismissed indictment. If it was her coming forward now with all the changes the past few years and the metoo movement I would probably lend a little more weight to it.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Thanks for doing the research Rusty. I basically regret opening this thread because I know the NFL will do nothing and so many people will be happy to dismiss it as some gold digger situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote:Thanks for doing the research Rusty. I basically regret opening this thread because I know the NFL will do nothing and so many people will be happy to dismiss it as some gold digger situation.

how is this a gold digger situation? it wasn't the woman involved back in 1996 that even brought this up ... it was some media knob ... and the woman from the 1996 incident has refused to comment to the media knob about any of it

and what exactly is it you think the NFL is supposed to do? case was dismissed in 1997 and there is nothing in any files for them to investigate
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
thunderspirit
Head Coach

crueltyabc wrote:Thanks for doing the research Rusty. I basically regret opening this thread because I know the NFL will do nothing and so many people will be happy to dismiss it as some gold digger situation.
+1.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: