Will RR-H start in 2018?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

With the question marks at edge-rusher, the player rushing opposite Leonard Floyd to be specific, the Bears need a third impact player on the defensive line. With studs Akiem Hicks and Eddie Goldman already making plays, someone needs to step up and take that spot. I think Jonathan Bullard and rookie Bilal Nichols and more plug-and-play 3-techs, so the easy pick is third-year man Roy Robertson-Harris. 6’7” 295lbs. He’s put on about 40lbs. in the two years he’s been with the team so he could play defensive end. He works hard. He plays hard. He’s got to be the front-runner heading into preseason.

A few nice plays he made last year.
https://youtu.be/jyyAuJQX_u8
UOK
Site Admin

I don't think there will be much of an argument. Bullard's been a huge disappointment.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I don't think there will be much of an argument. Bullard's been a huge disappointment.
Fair enough. Bullard never seemed like a proper 3-4 fit from the day we drafted him. But it's not like RRH has jumped off the page either. Of course, he has the disadvantage of bulking up a LOT and playing a different role than his college days, IIRC. With 2 other good guys on that line, the door is wide open for RRH, Nichols or anybody else to walk thru it.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

I like RRH but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nichols get the gig eventually.
BlueAndOrangeDog
Practice Squad

wab wrote:I like RRH but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nichols get the gig eventually.
When Mike Ditka was in camp, he said he saw George Halas throwing Nichols around like manhole covers.
Bad Flanders
MVP

BlueAndOrangeDog wrote:
wab wrote:I like RRH but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nichols get the gig eventually.
When Mike Ditka was in camp, he said he saw George Halas throwing Nichols around like manhole covers.
*slow clap*
G08
Hall of Famer

I think people are hating on Bullard a little bit too much... I thought he was coming on toward the end of last season. Haven't heard much of anything about him this camp, watching these pre-season games should be interesting.

I still have a hunch Bullard starts opposite Hicks, but RRH should get more reps than last season.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS