View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:29 pm 
Head Coach

Was Mack being a flaming douche? I mean he was not reporting to camp and he was under contract.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:43 pm 
MVP

Otis Day wrote:
Was Mack being a flaming douche? I mean he was not reporting to camp and he was under contract.

A bit, yeah. I’m mainly basing that on statements from teammates. You virtually never will hear a single negative word about a holdout by a teammate. Bell has a few openly criticizing him. Im guessing he’s earned the criticism.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:23 pm 
Head Coach

Rothelessburger..3 ints
Sway bar Taylor 1 int

OT in Cleveland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:25 pm 
Assistant Coach

That OT period was an object lesson in the importance of Special Teams.

Cleveland: PR fair catches when he had acres of space and could have had a big return.
Cleveland: Partially blocked punt (cannoned off their own punt protector).
Pittsburgh: Missed 42 yard field goal (pulled left).
Cleveland: Missed 43 yard field goal (blocked).

The weather was appalling with heavy rain, but even so it was a succession of mishaps.

As for Mack and Bell holding out, the big difference is that Mack is by all accounts the perfect teammate who is well-liked and never any trouble whereas Bell clearly isn't popular and has had a run in with the law. His teammates put up with him because of what he brings on the field, but if he isn't making himself available to play then they see no reason to back him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

Levon Bell gave the NFL the finger and is forfeiting his 2018 season, as he is now ineligible for sitting out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:41 pm 
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Levon Bell gave the NFL the finger and is forfeiting his 2018 season, as he is now ineligible for sitting out.

well good for him being able to do that to make his point

I'm still a little fuzzy on what his point is exactly, since the boatload of cash he just forfeited for 1 season is probably more than 12 of us on this site combined might make in our lifetime

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:08 pm 
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
UOK wrote:

well good for him being able to do that to make his point

I'm still a little fuzzy on what his point is exactly, since the boatload of cash he just forfeited for 1 season is probably more than 12 of us on this site combined might make in our lifetime

His point is he feels worth more than the (as I recall it) 5/80 he was offered, and 14 million bucks isn’t worth getting knocked around for a year.

I’ve seen some discussion regarding the math of the offer he’d have to get to come out ahead in dollars on this thing, and it’s pretty substantial.

I think he’s crazy, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this whole thing ends up with him losing a boatload in the long run. But If he’s happy with his decision more power to him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:49 pm 
MVP

He is an idiot. He refused the above mentioned contract, 5/70 or 80 depending on the source because there wasn't enough guarantees in it. Personally, the steelers were completely dumb for even offering it. RB is one of the most replaceable positions in the NFL if not the most.

Any franchise that gives him a huge guarantee is stupid.

He was popped for drugs in 2015, suspended, then promptly fails to show for multiple off-season drug tests in 2016 and gets suspended again. Most likely he was in the program prior to 2015 for that incident to result in a suspension as typically the first is just being placed in the program and evaluation. He is one hot or missed test from a 10 game suspension and 2 from indefinite.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm 
Rookie

BR0D1E86 wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
He wants control over his future, for the first fucking time in his career. He's never had a say at all. Why is everyone always do quick to side with the billionaires?

Who’s siding with anyone? This is the contract situation his union collectively bargained. And he’s taking that contract situation and being just a flaming douche about it.

He's exercising his ultimate option to not participate without a contract that he feels is fair to him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:03 pm 
Pro Bowler

playing devils advocate for a second, if howard really isnt a fit in nagy's scheme and he is gone end of the season, is Bell worth looking at as a better fit in nagy's offense?