Important NFL Offseason Dates

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Feb. 19. First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

Feb. 26-March 4. NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

March 5. Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 11-13. Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2018 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

March 13. The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

March 24-27. Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.

April 1. Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 19. Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 25-27. 2019 NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee.

May 3-6. Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 10-13. Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 20-22. Spring League Meeting, Key Biscayne, Florida.

July 15. At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one- year contract with his prior club for the 2019 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.

Mid-July. Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the club’s earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for veteran players.

Aug. 1. Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio.

Aug. 1-4. Hall of Fame Weekend, Canton, Ohio.

Aug. 31. Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

Sept. 5, 8-9. Regular Season Week 1.
G08
Hall of Famer

... I'm STILL not over last season.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'd add the date Parkey is cut/traded/other but can't determine when that might be
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:I'd add the date Parkey is cut/traded/other but can't determine when that might be
we don't save much by making him a 6/1 cut, so if we want him gone it likely doesn't matter when that is, but waiting till we know what potential replacements are capable of is the wise thing to do...do after rookie mini camps at the earliest is my guestimate.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
docc
Head Coach

Maybe 150 days to camps opening..! Count down ON..!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Good information. Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup: I hope you pin it until at least the draft.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

Mikefive wrote:Good information. Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup: I hope you pin it until at least the draft.
Done