Offseason hype trains derailed?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

All offseason Garoppolo and Watson were hyped to a level they couldn't possibly live up to. This isn't meant to be an overreaction thread, I think they're both going to be real good quarterbacks long term. And they both played against two of the better teams in the league. But hopefully we can chill out on how magically unbeatable they both are...

Garoppolo: 15/33, 261 yd, 1 TD, 3 INT (I didn't see any of this game)

Watson: 17/34, 176, 1 TD, 1 INT (and I thought he looked less impressive than those stats)
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

This is what lack of padded practices gets you. The time taken away from actual football/practice, is killing the game. The football I have seen today has been lackluster, poorly played and inconsistent. Defenses (excepte TB vs NO game) seem to be having the upper hand today.

Jimmy G and Watson will be fine. 1st games against top Ds, can happen to anyone. The NFL , IMO, is just down.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Otis Day wrote:This is what lack of padded practices gets you. The time taken away from actual football/practice, is killing the game. The football I have seen today has been lackluster, poorly played and inconsistent. Defenses (excepte TB vs NO game) seem to be having the upper hand today.

Jimmy G and Watson will be fine. 1st games against top Ds, can happen to anyone. The NFL , IMO, is just down.
Yeah, I’m certainly not saying either is going to be a bust. But they were both hyped to almost superhuman levels all offseason.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The media, I try to ignore that shit as much as possible. I had not read or heard that hype.

Minny's D looked pretty damn good. I love Harrison Smith, friggin stud.

I guess TB didn't miss Jameis.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:This is what lack of padded practices gets you. The time taken away from actual football/practice, is killing the game. The football I have seen today has been lackluster, poorly played and inconsistent. Defenses (excepte TB vs NO game) seem to be having the upper hand today.

Yeah, just ftr, before the season starts, I want to say that I hate how Nagy handled preseason reps.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
cblaz11
MVP

Personally, I think it’s more that teams had an offseason and quality tape to scout these guys. Watson’s rookie year reminded me so much of RG3s. I think he caught lightening in a bottle and a lot of his splash plays came off of scrambles. Today, the Pats game plan was to keep him in the pocket and force him to throw.