Mahomes

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Umbali
MVP

Just set record 10 TDs in first two weeks....Chiefs offense looking sick. I remember a few people here really hating the very idea of Mahomes here. Still soon too to judge fully but looks like he will do good with Reid.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Great two games. It is just 2 games. I think he will be pretty good, but Ds will get some tape on him and he will come back down to earth.
UOK
Site Admin

Sigh. If the Bears could've had him and Vea in the first....if only. Stupid Bucs trade.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mahomes has looked really solid so far. Better than I thought he would. As Otis said. It's just two games.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Indeed. Ryan Fitzpatrick has 800 yards and 8 touchdowns through two games. And he’s Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Still, if Trubisky has two games like that in our next two weeks I’ll be insufferably optimistic. He’s looked very damn good.
malk
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:Great two games. It is just 2 games. I think he will be pretty good, but Ds will get some tape on him and he will come back down to earth.
Shit, that doesn't bode well once teams have some tape on Trubisky! :-P
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

le sigh... people have plenty of tape on Aaron Rodgers and he still does what he does... I doubt having tape is going to slow him down... they have three years of college tape of him... this is all he did in college but people downplayed his abilities as a system QB because he went to Texas Tech... He's Brett Favre that actually understands the X and O side of football...
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I was all in on Mahomes, loved him as a prospect...took him in every fantasy league...Wanted us to draft him so bad.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

It is his 2nd year in the system...
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:It is his 2nd year in the system...
Yes and his 3rd game.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

You know who looked amazing after 2 games? Rex Grossman.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Here is a great video about how Mahomes read the Steelers' defense. I believe it gives us a glimpse of what the Nagy offense will eventually look like, and where they are trying to get Mitch to. Reading coverages and match-ups.

Mahomes vs. Steelers Analysis
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:You know who looked amazing after 2 games? Rex Grossman.
13/30 43.33% for 157 with 0 TDs
19/32 59.38% for 249 with 2 TDs and 1 INT

Oh yeah he was smokin.... he was better than Kordell Stewart and Chris Chandler, maybe that's why you remember him "looking amazing" and all but he wasn't tearing anything up before he blew out his knee for the first time...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mahomes had the luxury of learning from and playing behind, a pretty decent veteran QB for a year and I believe that definitely helped him

which gets us back to the Bears and the misguided Glennon situation which resulted in Trubisky not having a QB to learn anything from and resulted in him playing sooner than expected

another difference between the 2 is the amount of games they each played in college

so the knee-jerk morons blasting Trubisky for not being equal to Mahomes at this point are simply not considering all relevant factors
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

What bothers me about all this. Not only has Mahomes been in this offense, but the entire team has been in the offense unless they drafted a few new starters idk their roster. So here you have new scheme for everyone. Though they want Trubisky to equal Mahomes or he's a bust right now. I've been down on him myself, but not to the point where some are at.
wab
Mod

bearsfaninaz wrote:What bothers me about all this. Not only has Mahomes been in this offense, but the entire team has been in the offense unless they drafted a few new starters idk their roster. So here you have new scheme for everyone. Though they want Trubisky to equal Mahomes or he's a bust right now. I've been down on him myself, but not to the point where some are at.
I've reached the conclusion that sports fans are made up of 90% emotion and 10% logic.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:What bothers me about all this. Not only has Mahomes been in this offense, but the entire team has been in the offense unless they drafted a few new starters idk their roster. So here you have new scheme for everyone. Though they want Trubisky to equal Mahomes or he's a bust right now. I've been down on him myself, but not to the point where some are at.
I've reached the conclusion that sports fans are made up of 90% emotion and 10% logic.
You're just now figuring that out? Have you not been reading my posts? I'm offended.