Mahomes

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

KOP_Snake
Head Coach

You know who looked amazing after 2 games? Rex Grossman.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Here is a great video about how Mahomes read the Steelers' defense. I believe it gives us a glimpse of what the Nagy offense will eventually look like, and where they are trying to get Mitch to. Reading coverages and match-ups.

Mahomes vs. Steelers Analysis
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:You know who looked amazing after 2 games? Rex Grossman.
13/30 43.33% for 157 with 0 TDs
19/32 59.38% for 249 with 2 TDs and 1 INT

Oh yeah he was smokin.... he was better than Kordell Stewart and Chris Chandler, maybe that's why you remember him "looking amazing" and all but he wasn't tearing anything up before he blew out his knee for the first time...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mahomes had the luxury of learning from and playing behind, a pretty decent veteran QB for a year and I believe that definitely helped him

which gets us back to the Bears and the misguided Glennon situation which resulted in Trubisky not having a QB to learn anything from and resulted in him playing sooner than expected

another difference between the 2 is the amount of games they each played in college

so the knee-jerk morons blasting Trubisky for not being equal to Mahomes at this point are simply not considering all relevant factors
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

What bothers me about all this. Not only has Mahomes been in this offense, but the entire team has been in the offense unless they drafted a few new starters idk their roster. So here you have new scheme for everyone. Though they want Trubisky to equal Mahomes or he's a bust right now. I've been down on him myself, but not to the point where some are at.
wab
Mod

bearsfaninaz wrote:What bothers me about all this. Not only has Mahomes been in this offense, but the entire team has been in the offense unless they drafted a few new starters idk their roster. So here you have new scheme for everyone. Though they want Trubisky to equal Mahomes or he's a bust right now. I've been down on him myself, but not to the point where some are at.
I've reached the conclusion that sports fans are made up of 90% emotion and 10% logic.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:What bothers me about all this. Not only has Mahomes been in this offense, but the entire team has been in the offense unless they drafted a few new starters idk their roster. So here you have new scheme for everyone. Though they want Trubisky to equal Mahomes or he's a bust right now. I've been down on him myself, but not to the point where some are at.
I've reached the conclusion that sports fans are made up of 90% emotion and 10% logic.
You're just now figuring that out? Have you not been reading my posts? I'm offended.