Earl Thomas breaks leg, flips off his own teammates

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Weird stuff. He’s being carted off on the AZ sideline and flips the bird to his own sideline. I know he wants traded or a new deal, but damn.

Seems like that will be the last we see of Thomas in a Seahawks uniform. Definitely a low class move.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Yeah, that was a classy move. What a jag bag.
cblaz11
MVP

I’m so confused....he’s under contract for this year! Also, he’s getting paid decent money..blow my mind the way he has acted..
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:I’m so confused....he’s under contract for this year! Also, he’s getting paid decent money..blow my mind the way he has acted..

shouldn't be confusing

he held out a while to get a longer term deal ... when that didn't happen, he reported so he wouldn't cost himself money ... but he's been bitching about it to anyone who would listen

so I guess now he blames his team for his broken leg and the fact he will enter free agency an injured douche rather than just a douche ... which may very well cost him $$$ on his next contract
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

One of the hosts on Wake Up on ESPN brought up what will be the fallout from this. Every single player holding out for a new contract will now point to Earl Thomas as what will happen if they come back and play. It's the reality of football, but Earl Thomas will be the poster child for holding out vs. risking injury.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

It's a physical sport. Don't want the risk, try something else.
Teams have to weigh what's best for the whole team long term.
Players can also cover themselves with insurance, just like I have to working a physical job with no company benefits helping me out.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:One of the hosts on Wake Up on ESPN brought up what will be the fallout from this. Every single player holding out for a new contract will now point to Earl Thomas as what will happen if they come back and play. It's the reality of football, but Earl Thomas will be the poster child for holding out vs. risking injury.

and that is bullshit

Thomas was under contract and paying him big $$$ ... he was obligated to honor his existing contract in order to get paid

for players to claim they should not honor the last year of an existing contract until their future contract is ironed out is not right IMO
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:One of the hosts on Wake Up on ESPN brought up what will be the fallout from this. Every single player holding out for a new contract will now point to Earl Thomas as what will happen if they come back and play. It's the reality of football, but Earl Thomas will be the poster child for holding out vs. risking injury.

and that is bullshit

Thomas was under contract and paying him big $$$ ... he was obligated to honor his existing contract in order to get paid

for players to claim they should not honor the last year of an existing contract until their future contract is ironed out is not right IMO
Now that I think about it, I wonder if the ability to hold out in the final year was the language that Roquan was fighting for...whether it was specifically what was asked for. Players might be trying to end around teams' ability to fine players for leveraging new contracts.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:

and that is bullshit

I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying that every other player who wants to hold out, or who's agent wants them to hold out, is going to point to Thomas and say, "see what can happen!" It's bullshit, but its the reality of non-guaranteed contracts in the NFL.