Broncos vs. Chiefs

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This should be a really good game. Outstanding offense vs. outstanding defense.

It will be fun to watch Mahomes, in the Reid/Nagy offense, and what (in general) we are aspiring to.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Wow. I'm not sure what is worse. The Broncos offense or the Chiefs defense. Yeesh!
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Mahomes only threw 1 TD. What a scrub. Trubisky threw 6!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote:Mahomes only threw 1 TD. What a scrub. Trubisky threw 6!
Hahaha! Mahomes is a bust. ;)

Dude. That Broncos defense is no joke man. They are for real.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Wow. I'm not sure what is worse. The Broncos offense or the Chiefs defense. Yeesh!

that no tackling Chiefs defense reminded me of a similar Bears team from a few years back
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

yeah, that was the first real test for Mahomes I think, and he came through in crunch time against a very good defense ... I especially liked his left handed shot put pass for a first down while he was being tackled

if the Chiefs can actually get their defense to understand basic tackling, they could be a very dangerous team ... I know Berry was out with a foot injury, and he could have helped ... but the other 10 guys really need to get their heads out
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

yeah, that was the first real test for Mahomes I think, and he came through in crunch time against a very good defense ... I especially liked his left handed shot put pass for a first down while he was being tackled

if the Chiefs can actually get their defense to understand basic tackling, they could be a very dangerous team ... I know Berry was out with a foot injury, and he could have helped ... but the other 10 guys really need to get their heads out
Oh man is that the truth. How many times did they run up and just bounce off of the ball carrier. Yikes that was bad.
IotaNet
MVP

No shade toward Mahomes -- that young Brother is balling out. That said, if Keenum had hit the WIDE OPEN Demaryus Thomas on that final drive, there would be a different narrative this morning.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:No shade toward Mahomes -- that young Brother is balling out. That said, if Keenum had hit the WIDE OPEN Demaryus Thomas on that final drive, there would be a different narrative this morning.

no doubt

but that wouldn't have reflected poorly on Mahomes even if he had ... that would have been squarely on the really odoriferous Chiefs defense
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:No shade toward Mahomes -- that young Brother is balling out. That said, if Keenum had hit the WIDE OPEN Demaryus Thomas on that final drive, there would be a different narrative this morning.

Man, that throw makes me feel better about all of the Bears receivers that Trubisky has overthrown. Thomas was WIDE OPEN and would have walked in for a tuddy, but Keenum straight aired that out. Yikes.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

Man, that throw makes me feel better about all of the Bears receivers that Trubisky has overthrown. Thomas was WIDE OPEN and would have walked in for a tuddy, but Keenum straight aired that out. Yikes.
All quarterbacks do that, even the greatest. Trubisky needs to keep doing it a lot less frequently though.