BFO Podcast: e11 - Loss For Words

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

In E11 of the BFO Podcast, Chris and I try to figure out just what the hell happened in Miami.

LISTEN:
Thanks as always for listening, as well as your comments & criticism.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Ha! Loss for words was right. Not much to say. Don't care what the political answer was, you're right, the heat was brutal and had an effect on our D.

As always. Very well done.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

The Hoyer/Barkley at qb year Gase was already gone.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I really liked this show. The theme that you were stunned was perfect. I listen to these in terms of what would I add to it. I don't know when you recorded this, but if it was within an hour of the final whistle, I would've not added much, because I was just shocked at the way the game went. But as I had more time to think about it, I saw the positives from an offense that picked themselves up after a crap first half--led by our young, inexperienced QB. And I'm glad you guys noted that.

One thing that my POV is different than most Bears fans... I wasn't quite as critical of the continuous run calls that led to the 53-yard FG attempt in OT. Howard made some gashing runs to start that drive and they were tired. I probably would've gone play action on 3rd down, but with like 3-4 yards to go, I can see calling another run. But I'm biased towards using Howard more, so that's just me.

Anyhow, I think you guys really did a good job of expressing what the world of Bears fans felt after that game. :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
cblaz11
MVP

Honestly, this was one of the tougher shows for me to do...That game was maddening. The one bright spot was the play of Mitch...I’ve been really pumped about his progress from week 1. They say he’s a relentless worker and it shows in his improvement from one week to the next.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

What's it going to be this week? Loss of words part 2?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:What's it going to be this week? Loss of words part 2?
"More of the Same"