Falcon vs. Giants - MNF

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This is a pretty pathetic game. Neither team is very good. But the Giants are REALLY bad. That OL is more or less a 5-man turnstyle. Even a hobbled Khalil Mack could get around Solder.

I can also understand OBJ's frustration with Eli Manning. That dude sucks now. YIKES!
docc
Head Coach

The game is ok..as these are evenly matched..

Plus..been sick since Wednesday..only really got up to watch Bears..
Now this..and back to the sack

Until this crap on at halftime.. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ON MY SCREEN..
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

that game made it clear why the Giants are not a winning team

why did they go for 2 when kicking the PAT would have made it a 7 point game?

and wtf was with those back to back QB sneaks on the goal line in their final possession? no timeouts, and the clock just tick tick ticking away
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:that game made it clear why the Giants are not a winning team

why did they go for 2 when kicking the PAT would have made it a 7 point game?

and wtf was with those back to back QB sneaks on the goal line in their final possession? no timeouts, and the clock just tick tick ticking away
with just over 4 minutes to go, going for 2 makes it a 2 FG game. If it was early 4th quarter, making it a 7 point games makes sense. With time winding out, You don't have to make a TD you only have to get close enough for 2 FG's, which is still faster than having to drive all the way for a TD.

The Giants really screwed up because they should have kicked the FG after that long reception with at the end of the game...then they could have gone for the onsides and be able to drive down again.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well, with the new kick-off rules, and the kick-off team not able to get a running start, on-sides kicks are almost IMPOSSIBLE now. It's unfortunate.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Well, with the new kick-off rules, and the kick-off team not able to get a running start, on-sides kicks are almost IMPOSSIBLE now. It's unfortunate.

someone should try to just boot one as high as they can and let people fight for it like a jump ball in basketball ... that's the only way it would seem for the kicking team to have a chance ... or you could have the kicker try to blast one off one of the front line receivers and get the ricochet but don't think many kickers would be accurate enough with that
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Giants are one of those teams I just cannot watch. Maybe when Eli is gone I can, but with him there, I just can't do it. I avoid Cowboy and Raider games as well.