OT... Osweiler non fumble and the rule...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Knuckles
Player of the Month

OK... So how was that not a fumble? Announcers were saying how difficult of a decision it was... His arm wasn't in a throwing motion... that ended when he tried to bring it back in. I don't understand how that isn't a fumble. Any type of explanation from the NFL rulebook still won't convince me otherwise.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Tough call. But it looked like part of a throwing motion to me.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

In a vacuum of a QB throwing the ball in that motion...its a fumble all day long.
When the force of a 260lb defender is knocking you into next week on a blind side hit, all bets are off as to what the arm is doing after a throwing motion was started.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Gee, Osweiler can only beat the Bears, WTF?
BR0D1E86
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Gee, Osweiler can only beat the Bears, WTF?
I watched some of that game. I wondered why he couldn’t airmail it to open receivers against us?

Of course, tougher to airmail it when you’re throwing it straight down the line of scrimmage to Wilson, who then jogs 80 yards untouched to the end zone.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Gee, Osweiler can only beat the Bears, WTF?

the Bears defense did more to help Osweiller that day than to help the Bears
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin