Raiders vs. 49'ers

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well. When they scheduled this game this game, they expected Mack vs. Garappolo and Cooper vs. Sherman. Instead they get this shit show. I can just see all of the NFL execs rolling their collective eyes at this match-up. Yeesh!
MoFugger
Head Coach

I don't know what you're talking about, this is a pretty good game.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well. C’mon. Who saw this coming from Nick fricking Mullens. Hopefully he doesn’t continue this against the Bears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Raiders are BAD man. Like REALLY BAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
docc
Head Coach

Moon Mullens done good..he done real good..

Now back to real life..
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

One thing is certain, fellas. There is definitely a quarterback guru in the bay area.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

They were saying how the kid would wait til everyone cleared out of the stadium and then go back through the playsheet and run the plays on his own. He was determined to learn the system and has a competent arm. The Raiders made him look better than he is, but the kid earned respect from his teammates and they believe in him.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Raiders are a terrible team and helped make Mullens look like the second coming of Joe Montana

that isn't a knock on Mullens ... he does seem to have some skills ... but I am guessing he faced tougher coverages in his practices than what the Raiders offered up

worst thing of the night was the gruesome arm injury to the 49ers Raheem Mostert ... you only need to see that once
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:the Raiders are a terrible team and helped make Mullens look like the second coming of Joe Montana

that isn't a knock on Mullens ... he does seem to have some skills ... but I am guessing he faced tougher coverages in his practices than what the Raiders offered up

worst thing of the night was the gruesome arm injury to the 49ers Raheem Mostert ... you only need to see that once
man I hated seeing that. forearms aren't supposed to bend like elbows.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Nick Mullens puts up historic numbers in NFL debut as 49ers cruise
With each completed pass, Mullens seemed to reach another historic benchmark.

• Mullens' passer rating of 151.9 was the best by a quarterback making his debut with at least 20 attempts since 1970.

• That passer rating was the highest by a 49er since Alex Smith had a rating of 157.1 on Oct. 29, 2012.

• Mullens joined Marc Bulger, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marcus Mariota as the only players over the past 25 seasons to throw for three or more touchdowns in their first game, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

• Mullens is the first player since Carson Wentz to throw for a touchdown in his first career game on the team's opening drive, and one of four to do it in the past 15 seasons, along with Wentz, Mariota and Matt Ryan.

• Mullens joined Fran Tarkenton (1961) and Jim Kelly (1986) as the only quarterbacks to throw for 250-plus yards, three-plus touchdowns and no interceptions in an NFL debut since 1950.

• Mullens is the first player in 49ers history to throw for three touchdowns in his first game with the team, according to Elias Sport Bureau.

• The last time a 49ers quarterback threw two touchdown passes on the first two drives of a game was Colin Kaepernick in Week 4 of 2016. The last time the Niners scored a touchdown on their first two drives of a game was Week 14 of 2016.
regardless of how he goes from here, no one can take away his debut game stats from him
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:They were saying how the kid would wait til everyone cleared out of the stadium and then go back through the playsheet and run the plays on his own. He was determined to learn the system and has a competent arm. The Raiders made him look better than he is, but the kid earned respect from his teammates and they believe in him.
It's a 2nd string QB controversy in Frisco. If they try and start Beathard when he comes back, the team may revolt.