Raiders waive Bruce Irvin

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

An option for the Bears maybe? There was a time when he was a viable/competent pass rusher.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

They just dropped 3 of their 7 team sacks. Unreal. Probably won't work cap-wise. He'd be a nice veteran addition to the Jets.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

WTF are they doing in Oakland? It looks like they are purposely tanking. If that's the case, Gruden will completely lose the locker room for the rest of the year, and may not get it back for a couple seasons.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:WTF are they doing in Oakland? It looks like they are purposely tanking. If that's the case, Gruden will completely lose the locker room for the rest of the year, and may not get it back for a couple seasons.
Might be.

On the other hand, they've got some locker room turmoil. Maybe Irvin wanted out or was a malcontent?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

Irvin has reportedly been a pain in the dick ever since Mack was traded. When they couldn’t trade him, they cut him.
cblaz11
MVP

My understanding is that he has to clear waivers....I'll bet the Packers make a move for him.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

We should get in on this. I can understand why he would get pissed after the Mack trade. If he's friends with Mack, he can be recruited here. The money for this season between us and the Packers should be similar, but we can offer a better chance to win.

Stand him up as an OLB in the 3-4, IDK what we do with him in sub packages. Can we use him to take time away from Floyd?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:We should get in on this. I can understand why he would get pissed after the Mack trade. If he's friends with Mack, he can be recruited here. The money for this season between us and the Packers should be similar, but we can offer a better chance to win.

Stand him up as an OLB in the 3-4, IDK what we do with him in sub packages. Can we use him to take time away from Floyd?
I remember when Irving was drafted by the Seahawks, WAY too high in the draft, and he came with baggage. The other comment about him was that he was a one-trick pony. He could rush the passer, and that was about it. That being said, I think that Floyd is more versatile than Irving. Per WAB, I've also heard that he is kind of a head case, which came out even more when Mack was traded.
BR0D1E86
MVP

To be clear, I wouldn’t put a waiver claim on him. If he clears he might be worth a look as a cheap rotational pass rusher. Part of me wants to just keep developing the younger guys we have though. So I guess I wouldn’t get too worked up either way.
wab
Mod

He shouldn't have to clear waivers. He's been in the NFL longer than 4 years. Only players with less than 4 years of service are subject to waivers.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:He shouldn't have to clear waivers. He's been in the NFL longer than 4 years. Only players with less than 4 years of service are subject to waivers.
Ive seen a few articles referencing him clearing waivers, but I admit I’m not at all familiar with the intricacies of NFL contracts.

Either way, I’m not sure I’m dying to get him. Especially being kind of a pain in the ass. We seem to have good chemistry on the team.

Worth a thought though.
Umbali
MVP

I think Raiders are tanking with the thought that they wont be playing in Vegas for 3 more years..and Gruden wants his core of young people he drafted and he confused Mark Davis of that..cus Mark is a tard lol
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Butkis' Revenge
Rookie

Irvan has been crying since Norton was let go. They were pals since Seattle.