View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:53 am 
Hall of Famer

Dez Bryant agrees to deal with New Orleans Saints

Quote:
METAIRIE, La. -- Dez Bryant is back in the NFL, and he is joining one of the league's top Super Bowl contenders. The former Dallas Cowboys receiver agreed to a one-year deal with the New Orleans Saints, the team announced. Bryant's salary was not immediately known.

Sources told Schefter that Bryant, who will sign the deal Thursday, is comfortable proving what he can do for a contending team this season before becoming a free agent again.

With Super Bowl in sights, Saints see Dez Bryant as risk worth taking

Quote:
METAIRIE, La. -- Of course it feels like a risk, signing Dez Bryant in the middle of a seven-game win streak.

That whole "don't upset the apple cart" idea.

But the New Orleans Saints are obviously going into this deal with eyes wide open -- and they're obviously willing to pull out all the stops while they feel this season's Super Bowl is within their grasp.

They did the same thing last month when they traded for cornerback Eli Apple, despite some of Apple's past chemistry concerns with the New York Giants.

And though backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater wasn't any type of character concern, the Saints were also aggressive when they traded for him late in the preseason to make sure they are filling roster holes that could potentially derail them.

Clearly, the Saints feel confident enough that their well-established locker room and leadership under head coach Sean Payton, quarterback Drew Brees and others can be a good fit for Bryant -- and that a Super Bowl run should offer him plenty of motivation to be at his best for three months.

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

@TomPelissero
Dez Bryant was helped off the field at #Saints practice today after suffering what the team fears may be a torn Achilles, sources tell me and @RapSheet. He’s getting an MRI now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm 
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:
@TomPelissero
Dez Bryant was helped off the field at #Saints practice today after suffering what the team fears may be a torn Achilles, sources tell me and @RapSheet. He’s getting an MRI now.

He still elligible for a super bowl ring though right ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm 
Player of the Month

Really kind of hard not finding this amusing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:58 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Umbali wrote:
Really kind of hard not finding this amusing.

I admit to chuckling

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:44 pm 
Hall of Famer

Watching the Dolphins vs. Packers, and it looks like Grant just pulled up with an achilles as well.

Dez Bryant has always been an ass, and I would never wish injury on anyone (except Aaron Rodgers, he can get hit by a truck for all I care), Karma's a bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:00 pm 
Assistant Coach

It's OK Whiskey, they've signed a replacement ass:

Saints sign Brandon Marshall as Dez replacement

Surely even the curse of BMarsh can't prevent the Saints from making the playoffs this year?!

It would be sadly ironic if he got injured or cut before then though... :evilgrin:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 pm 
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote:

Surely even the curse of BMarsh can't prevent the Saints from making the playoffs this year?!

It would be sadly ironic if he got injured or cut before then though... :evilgrin:

I heard that today on the radio. Surely BMarsh is done. He can't have anything left in the tank, can he?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am 
MVP

HisRoyalSweetness wrote:

I don’t know that I actively wish injury on any player, but I come closest with those that have the last names Bennett, Rodgers and Marshall.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:30 pm 
Rookie

BR0D1E86 wrote:
HisRoyalSweetness wrote:

I don’t know that I actively wish injury on any player, but I come closest with those that have the last names Bennett, Rodgers and Marshall.

Marshall can be at minimum the later years of Marques Colston. I could see that being a productive addition to the Saints or most teams