Great video and story on Zach Miller injury,rehab

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

This is a good dude, great story. Video is near top of page.

VIDEO
UOK
Site Admin

Brutal. Guy's body has betrayed him at every level. I honestly hope he doesn't come back to the NFL as a player because he's got a family, he's got gifts that go beyond the athletic portion of the game. Follow Nagy's path and test himself as a coach, maybe. Pursue another avenue of the NFL that doesn't put his body at further risk for decimation.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I'm not crying. You're crying.
G08
Hall of Famer

Jesus, talk about perspective. The amount of shit that I take for granted in day to day life... smh

Zach's a fucking legend and I'm so happy he is able to walk. Ditto UOK, I don't really want him to play football anymore.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Wow.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Such a great video. I am pulling for him, not so much to play football again, but to have a normal life.

I want to give a HUGE shout out to the Bears and the McCaskey's for doing Miller right and signing him to a one year contract. Giving him access to best in class health care and rehabilitation facilities. Not all teams would do that. Gives you the feel goods.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I agree, stay away from playing. He just doesn't see himself as an injury waiting to happen (like it has at least every other year of his football career).

Guy didn't get down and has the right mental attitude.

I have a bro-in-law that has that same mental toughness x10000. He was diagnosed with ALS 29 yrs ago. He was given 2-5 yrs to live. He is an inspiration. He can't talk(hardly), feed himself or walk, but he has a damn good attitude about life.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:I agree, stay away from playing. He just doesn't see himself as an injury waiting to happen (like it has at least every other year of his football career).

Guy didn't get down and has the right mental attitude.

I have a bro-in-law that has that same mental toughness x10000. He was diagnosed with ALS 29 yrs ago. He was given 2-5 yrs to live. He is an inspiration. He can't talk(hardly), feed himself or walk, but he has a damn good attitude about life.
Otis. Life is about perspective. When you take a step back, every one of us is blessed in our life's position on a global level. People like your brother-in-law remind us that we have NO excuse to not go out, and make the very most out of every day that we are given. Life is short, live like there's no tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing.
britbear
Player of the Month

What a guy. He has so much left to give (off the field) and deserves every happiness and success he can get.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

britbear wrote:What a guy. He has so much left to give (off the field) and deserves every happiness and success he can get.
I mean. I'm comfortable enough to say, Zach is a GOOD lookin' dude. He could EASILY have a career on TV as an analyst, or a sports show host, or something. Dude can go out and write his own ticket in the industry. He is a TV producers dream come true.