2 games now moved to SNF...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Knuckles
Player of the Month

Vikings and Rams games... You talk about pressure on a 1st year coach and team but how sweet is it the NFL is finally giving us some air time nationally and the Bears actually are a good team. Now just don't mess it up like years past lol.

GO BEARS!
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Last time I can recall the Bears getting flexed this much was in 2006.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

More learning opportunities. :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
GSH
MVP

weird flex, but ok
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Kinda glad to hear about the Rams game. I have to fly into Dulles, so now I should be fine to watch the game.
Pagan
MVP

Is it just me... or does the Bears coach, QB & team as a whole seem excel under pressure/challenges?

Kind of like the big shots in the college game... I looks like the bigger the pressure= the better the result!
skamanfrank
Journeyman

Sunday Night games are a f**ker for those of us in the UK :'(
SgtPerry
Journeyman

skamanfrank wrote:Sunday Night games are a f**ker for those of us in the UK :'(
Or in Europe... ;)

Nevertheless as long as Bears win, it's not a big deal.
"Good thing you are a Bears fan. No offense to worry about."
UOK 10/26/2020
Pagan
MVP

SgtPerry wrote:
Or in Europe... ;)

I hate to say it boys... but you can count on the Bears having at least 2 prime time games a year for the next few years as well now.
Bearfanuk
Assistant Coach

I can live with that...it should mean the bears are good ....finally
Have a great day
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:
SgtPerry wrote:
Or in Europe... ;)

I hate to say it boys... but you can count on the Bears having at least 2 prime time games a year for the next few years as well now.

the price of success and the team, and fans, should be glad to pay it
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Pagan
MVP

I'm going to call it right now, but I even after seeing highlights of the incredible offense #'s put up in the MNF game between the Rams & Chiefs=

With a perfectly healthy team... The Bears WILL beat the Rams at home on Dec 9th!

This town =National media) is going to be absolutely nuts over this team.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:I'm going to call it right now, but I even after seeing highlights of the incredible offense #'s put up in the MNF game between the Rams & Chiefs=

With a perfectly healthy team... The Bears WILL beat the Rams at home on Dec 9th!

I don't know that I'm predicting a win, but that should be one heck of a game in Chicago and we'll definitely have a fair chance. Mitch has played well against weak defenses and the Rams--while they certainly have some good players--aren't that great on that side of the ball. And they have to contend with our defense, which will not make things easy for them. I think it'll be another one of those track meet games, only with scores in the 30's, not the 50's.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I hate night games but it sure looks like Mack is at his best in the national spotlight, so I'll take em.
Pagan
MVP

Mikefive wrote:
Pagan wrote:I'm going to call it right now, but I even after seeing highlights of the incredible offense #'s put up in the MNF game between the Rams & Chiefs=

I don't know that I'm predicting a win, but that should be one heck of a game in Chicago and we'll definitely have a fair chance. Mitch has played well against weak defenses and the Rams--while they certainly have some good players--aren't that great on that side of the ball. And they have to contend with our defense, which will not make things easy for them. I think it'll be another one of those track meet games, only with scores in the 30's, not the 50's.
lol
figures that it was like minutes after posting this we find that Mitch has a shoulder.

Even still though... I let's not forget that the team from California is coming the 2nd week of December to play in Chicago.
This team, after shitting the bed every game last year, are consistently playing lights out at home.

Then there's the sloppy "slow" Soldier's Field turf that our players are totally used to playing on AND the fact that the Rams Defense all of the sudden looks VERY beatable by a KC/Bears style offense...?

Then... I don't forget!
The Bears Defense (especially compared to the other "so called" great defense this year) is ACTUALLY dominant.

So... Yep.
I'm still predicting a victory that is going to set the national media on fire :)