Packers vs. Vikings

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?30 ... ess/page31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bad game. I don't understand how the offense can look so anemic. I really do not understand. They have a great LT, an allegedly great WR (I still don't personally see it), and what everyone says is a great running back (jury still out IMO).

I simply do not get it at all. I put all of this on ARod, 90%. Sure, the coach may call shitty plays, but surely there is some underneath route happening or he can always audible, etc.

My questions:

1. Is ARod a coach killer?

2. Can ARod be salvaged? His fundamentals are garbage and he seems to think practicing doing goofy ass improv shit is more important than the basics. He is ass at the basics right now. Can he be coached?

For me it's not about better, it's about different and actually listening. They need ARod to go back to QB 101, 201, 301 instead of focusing on the masters level shit. Who will he listen to and do that for?

There are two names as coaches that comes to mind, and neither is very likely. Jim Harbaugh, and Peyton Manning.
docc
Head Coach

Yikes..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMexico View Post
Division clinched
Pretty much. Heading for turkey, but consider this while you digest. I don't think the Packers make it past the Divisional round (If they even make the playoffs at all at 9-6-1), but their only chance at the Superbowl is Chicago. I don't think anyone in the NFC other than Chicago wins at N.O. So win WC, at LA, and at Chicago is your only path to the Superbowl. But Saints would have to lose one more game than LA to make that possible as well. Super longs shots are the only shots at this point. Enjoy your turkey.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

That poster seems a.......little stupid. Coach killer? How many years have the 2 been together - 10? WTF?

He puts it ALL on ARod, then states 90%. That is a Packer fan.

I love it.
docc
Head Coach

Can't help it..seen..heard and endured the Puke arrogance to long..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Rodgers have the game stated the obvious, they need help but then went thru their remaining games. He said something to the affect, "on to Chicago where we have won numerous times." A A Ron giving up some bulletin board material.
malk
Head Coach

The best thing about this is that Rodgers will cost $26.5m and 13.9% of the Packers cap in 2019 and $32.6m and 16.9% in 2020.

Oh and Jimmy Graham jumps from $6m this year to $12.7m next year, Nick Perry to $14.5m...

They're not going on a major rebuild for a looong time.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

All of this just breaks my damn heart.

Errin is gimpy.
Massive infighting.
Salary cap hell for years. They'll NEVER cut Rodgers no matter how bad that knee gets or if they're going through a rebuild. See Eli Manning. He's too adored.
The "shareholders" are probably thinking hey well we'll just draft another HOF QB; no big deal.

Then the coaching situation....

Did I read it right where somebody in Green Bay thinks that McDaniels is the answer? Let's do everything we can to make that happen.

Outstanding.
wab
Mod

I never count the Packers out of anything, but they are clearly "off" this year. That game was pretty tough to watch. Two teams that seemed to not want to win, but also didn't want the other team to win.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Image
:rofl:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I never count the Packers out of anything, but they are clearly "off" this year. That game was pretty tough to watch. Two teams that seemed to not want to win, but also didn't want the other team to win.

which is why a second tie between the 2 would have been the ideal result
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
docc
Head Coach

..and now the Packer feel the agita they laughed at the Bears about.. Erin will be 36 next season..(35 today 12/2)..should be easy to change him to RPO..or just keep letting him freelance with subpar players..

Welp..couldn't happen to a "nicer" group..